+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    The blitz is the assistance.
    How does a blitz do any more for him than being single blocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Yup ... totally underrated in 2011. Didn't hurt that with T2 gone in 2011 and us scrambling to fill that spot, he didn't get picked on quite as much but he was an island by and large.

But CWeb has a track record of being streaky season to season.
    No way I will convince u other wise but Id say at least 5 guys better more likely 10. Just off the top of my head Revis ,Sherman,Gamble,Haden,Ike taylor , Carr were all much better.
    It was 1 of his better seasons. It was nowhere near the 2008 season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Rolle is played down in the box and not deep because it minimizes his crap play deep.

His good attitude? Same guy who consistently ranted about coughlins coaching style and not being able to play where he wants? Yea he's just a treasure.

I honestly don't care about a players passion. I only care about them getting their job done.
    Antrelle Rolle gets his job done better than Justin Tuck. Doggone it, I like Justin Tuck and I hope he does come back strong but for the last few years, he has for the most part played without confidence and has been soft. Heck, it took Antrelle Rolle to call him out and voila, we had a damn good Justin Tuck back that became the Defensive Captain we needed for the last six games of SuperBowl run. We need that Justin Tuck back.

i dont understand why Tuck is "headlines" all of a sudden! he should understand hes older and cant play to 26-27 year old standards any more!

hes making all these excuses now which imo makes him look a bit fearful about whats might happen in the future!

personally i'd like for the Giants to keep him but in a reserve role! i dont know if he will accept that but its the better way imo!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    This is incorrect.

Tuck doesn't give up 60 yard TD passes ... Rolle does.

Tuck doesn't call out the coaching staff when things don't go his way ... Rolle does.
    Incorrect? When did Antrelle Rolle publically “curse the football gods” or claim to have “nightmares about RG III” or “publically state that he knew Eli would help them out and keep RG III on the sidelines?” He never did, Justin Tuck did.

Antrelle Rolle does give up big plays and is overpaid. However, he brings a heck of a lot more to the table at this time than Justin Tuck does. The guy plays with passion and gives it his all. I want to see Justin Tuck go back to playing with the passion we saw him play with at the end of the 2011 season. We all want Justin Tuck to come around. He was a big reason we won those SuperBowls.

Antrelle Rolle has put his foot in his mouth. However, he is man enough to admit when he was wrong.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-tom-coughlin/

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    How does a blitz do any more for him than being single blocked?
    How you know Tuck was beng single blocked all year? Even when singled blocked, the qb can still get rid of the ball even before Tuck makes a move. There are different kinds of blitzes and you can bring them in any formation at any location on the line. Some formations can have Tuck be off the line and come at the qb kind of late resulting in being untouched. When a DC calls the blitzes here and there, they can in bring in different typee of defenders coming at the passer to disrupt the play. Even if Tuck still had 4 sacks even if the defense blitzed, it can still be good long as the defense disrupt a lot of the offenses plays.

Now you have to really study football to know that you just can't blame Tuck but the opponents as well. Not all qbs stay at one spot like Tony Romo who moves about. You have to look at the game against the Skins where they had a mobile talented qb who gives them a lot of options that can make a pass play become a run play. You blame Tuck or even Osi but you can't blame them all the way.
    Last edited by Diamondring; 02-01-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I understand that, and if that's the case(which it most likely is) I have no problem accepting he's physically diminished. The issue is, if you KNOW you are incapable of playing up to par you shouldnt promise all of these things. That's all I'm saying.
    Pro athletes have a very difficult time convincing themselves that this is true. I don't blame Tuck for thinking he can still play at a high level.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    I like Tuck and I also think he has been a great Giant but there is actually several reasons why people have started to hate on Tuck and give Rolle and Blackburn a pass.

1) Tuck is considered a team captain and he has be invisable for almost two years.
    2) Tuck practically wore off all the skin on his knee caps going down on RGIII and giving him props.
    3) Tuck doesn't exhibit high energy anymore and he looks disinterested. I like Tuck but this makes me rage...
    4) Rolle seems more of a leader of this team and says the right things in the media and looks like he goes all out on the field.
    5) Blackburn was sitting on his couch when the Giants called last year, he goes 100%, 100% of the time and people will give him a pass because he isn't the most physically gifted.

I'm sure there a many more reasons but it took me 3 seconds to come up with this list in my head and I don't want to list anymore because like I said, I actually like Tuck.
    He "looks disinterested"?. What does one do on the field when one is "disinterested"?
    This comment alone causes me to disregard anything else in your post.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Antrelle Rolle does give up big plays and is overpaid.
    Nuff said.

What a terrible thread.