+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
    i dont think any team would bite at that type of deal... and if so, we should move on from him after this year cause he's only getting worse. and i also believe its a horrible sign if he has a good 2013 season because that would mean he finally decided to play hard because its a contract year. i loved the guy since he was at notre dame, but he's lost whatever greatness he had.
    So what weighed him down?

I never realised just how worn Tuck must be. maybe cut the fat off and let JPP be our future new -gen strahan
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Justin Tuck has been a heck of a lot more than an average DE.
    I just don't get this comment and other anti-Tuck comments here.
    Just because some people including myself dont think Tuck is much more than an average DE starter at this point doesnt mean we hate him. The proof is on the field he hasnt performed to the level this team needs or expects . His shoulder is a big part of it his body is breaking down. I love what Tuck has done over the years but if the Giants can replace him with a better player so be it

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    Good, hold your hands over your ears (or in this case, your eyes) and stomp your feet like a kid.

Many people can tell when someone is motivated and energetic. Many people, including Enigma agree with point number three. In fact, I can read Tuck's body language easier than reading a pop-up book. You obviously don't play poker or you would understand.

Also, what was the reason for his consecutive poor seasons?

1) His injury is worse than expected and he can't play like he use to.
    2) He is disinterested and unmotivated?
    3) He is too old to play effectively

If your answer is 3 or 1, why would you even want him back on the team?
    You can retort with all the pithy comments you want. There is no way Justin Tuck is "disinterested" on the field. That is a completely ridiculous contention.
    And there is no way a fan could tell with "body language" that a player is disinterested either. To suggest to the interest of a player can be guaged by fans at the stadium or on TV is silly.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You can retort with all the pithy comments you want. There is no way Justin Tuck is "disinterested" on the field. That is a completely ridiculous contention.And there is no way a fan could tell with "body language" that a player is disinterested either. To suggest to the interest of a player can be guaged by fans at the stadium or on TV is silly.
    You used to rag on osi because he would take plays off, now tuck can barely ever make a play and you back him up.. hmmm

Tuck should look into opening for Kleenex Spokesman imo

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Do you think he is calling the media up just to tell them this or the media is just doing their job and we keep reading it?
    I don't know, that is a good question but if he told the story once about 5 weeks ago, why does it keep popping up in one media outlet or another every 7 days since then?
    If this all came from one soul serching moment weeks ago, I would submit that the media IS NOT doing its job because they are conveying an improper context to us ie Tuck can't let go of this theme and is obsessing about it while trying to convince himself he's got something left in the tank.
    No one remembers who came in second.

What Tuck is saying is that his C on his jersey weighs 20 lbs and is weighing him down during games.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    What Tuck is saying is that his C on his jersey weighs 20 lbs and is weighing him down during games.
    That's kind of what I got out of it. I really think they should make someone else the captain, and tell Tuck to find himself.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I don't know, that is a good question but if he told the story once about 5 weeks ago, why does it keep popping up in one media outlet or another every 7 days since then?If this all came from one soul serching moment weeks ago, I would submit that the media IS NOT doing its job because they are conveying an improper context to us ie Tuck can't let go of this theme and is obsessing about it while trying to convince himself he's got something left in the tank.
    Find it hard to believe he keeps calling these reporters to tell them he wants to get better next year.