+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I feel bad for Tuck because his body is falling apart and that has to be a tough thing to accept. They talk about wanting to stop player injuries but a SCUMBAG like Flozell Adams can go out and purposely try to harm a player and he gets next to nothing. That cheap shot reinjured Tucks shoulder injury from college and it continues to give him issues

None of us really know how Justin Tuck acts in the locker room but he has always come off as to nice of a guy to be the leader of a team or a Defense

All-Pro
    Or maybe what he is saying is that he just needs to just play and not worry about trying to lead the team. He has been a great player but he doesn't seem like the guy to go give a peep talk. He needs to just play and lead by example.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ighed-him-down

Excerpt: "Justin Tuck is motivated to get back to having a "normal Justin Tuck year."

And the defensive end thinks it's time to block everything out and just play.

The Giants' defensive captain wonders if he has been too preoccupied with always trying to do everything the right way as a leader and player recently and whether that has affected his play. He finished with four sacks last season and has a total of nine sacks in the past two seasons after collecting 11.5 sacks in 2010.

"I played with Antonio (Pierce), Michael Strahan, a lot of guys that showed me the ropes," Tuck said on ESPN New York 98.7 in New Orleans on Thursday. "Every team is different. And it is hard to find that button to push with every team. I think to me, a lot of times you want to be so correct that it weighs you down and I think I’ve allowed that to happen to me the last two years."

Tuck takes his role as a captain seriously and is always concerned about how to lead, when to be vocal and what buttons to push.

"The next chapter for me is just saying I am going to go out and play," Tuck said. "And not worry about what people say and not even worry about the outcome. Let the outcome happen.

"The last couple of years I have tried to make the outcome what I wanted it to be instead of just saying go out there and give 100 percent and whatever happens, don’t have any regrets about it. I am not going to worry about what other people say because I know what I put into this game."

Last December, Pierce said Tuck has not been the same player for a few years now. Pierce, the former Giants defensive captain, won a Super Bowl with Tuck during the 2007 season." Read more...
    Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown

Would save $4 mil on the salary cap if they release him. Dead money only $1.8 mil

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Would save $4 mil on the salary cap if they release him. Dead money only $1.8 mil
    The Patriots would do it ,Coughlin wouldnt .If it was 8 million it would get interesting . With 1 year left on his deal U let him play it out. The ? is what do they do next year if he still wants to play and he is playing like this still

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    None of us really know how Justin Tuck acts in the locker room but he has always come off as to nice of a guy to be the leader of a team or a Defense
    Agree. He doesn't seem like a guy who can give a pep talk. When they won in 2007 he was quiet but so good. Didn't they say he is from a small town down south and he is fine just sitting in his yard. It's funny how people want him out of here so bad but they act like Rolle should be the captain because he talks a lot. Yet at the same time people are saying Tuck talks to much. So what is it? Both Tuck and Rolle played poorly this past year. So many on this message board have been saying Rolle should be the Captain. Why? Everyone seems to be saying Tuck talks to much but say Rolle is the teams leader. Why?

I hate to get all biblical here but this reminds me of something

Whoever of you desire to be first shall be slave to all. -Mark 10:44

Simply means a qualified leader is one who's learned to serve. Looks like Tuck hasn't learned to serve his teammates thus resulting in playing like ****. I think he may have figured out this concept and ready to serve his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Justin Tuck sounds like a man that is afraid the Giants are going to Draft a Defensive end early. I would like nothing more for him to play like a Pro Bowl player again so that wouldnt be the case. All I hear is excuses from him
    my thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    my thoughts exactly
    I think Tuck has earned a little slack from Giants fans.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi