+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 151
  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The schedule is the problem?
    Yes. Lets look at the matchups. Tuck might be above a lot of O-linemen. Yet there are some who may be better than at what they do than at what Tuck does. Indavidual matchups always takes place. Then you have to look at the coaches scheming wich a lot of you maybe don't do. Yet some posters mentioned how offense are now getting rid of the ball faster. Another thing, a lot of you give our players too many props. Take the thread about Cruz. Some of you think he doen't deserve double digit mil a year. I agree on that cause of the other players we need. Other players can effect Tuck to cause football is a team sport. If you a DC or OC, you gots to know this and scheme. Sometimes you can't just rush 4 players all of the time. In every game coming up, the coaches and players have to study that team and learn the players week to week.

  2. #52
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    More talk from Tuck. Time to put up or shut up.
    Well there aren't any games scheduled at the current time.
    Get well soon 80.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    It seems he is the most hated player on this board.
    You can fall so far on this team with just one bad season in the minds of Giants fans. I'm wondering who will see a fall next season and become the new laughingstock.

  4. #54
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    39,506
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    You can fall so far on this team with just one bad season in the minds of Giants fans. I'm wondering who will see a fall next season and become the new laughingstock.
    Its the same as Webster. Webster was a top 5 CB in 08 but hasn't played close to that level since, and people are tiring of it.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    You can fall so far on this team with just one bad season in the minds of Giants fans. I'm wondering who will see a fall next season and become the new laughingstock.
    2 bad seasons. He, like the giants defense was crap for most of last year also.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Its the same as Webster. Webster was a top 5 CB in 08 but hasn't played close to that level since, and people are tiring of it.
    He was a top 3 CB in 2011 imo.

    As for Tuck, for whatever reason, he's not performed the last two years well (barring a timely flourish at the end of last year).

    He's most likely going to be on the team in 2013, so I hope he performs better.

    My opinion is that he's a guy who doesn't play with a lot of passion currently. Whether that's from physical ailments, lack of desire for the game, or distractions from assumed responsibilities for his team mates is anyone's guess.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 02-01-2013 at 09:54 AM.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Its the same as Webster. Webster was a top 5 CB in 08 but hasn't played close to that level since, and people are tiring of it.
    Yet guys like Rolle and Blackburn can play like crap but aren't ostracized on nearly the same level. Just don't understand the lack of consistency on the hate front.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Yet guys like Rolle and Blackburn can play like crap but aren't ostracized on nearly the same level. Just don't understand the lack of consistency on the hate front.
    You are right. If they can't help, then the D-line can;t and vise versa.

  9. #59
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,069
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Yet guys like Rolle and Blackburn can play like crap but aren't ostracized on nearly the same level. Just don't understand the lack of consistency on the hate front.
    Exactly!

  10. #60
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Yes. Lets look at the matchups. Tuck might be above a lot of O-linemen. Yet there are some who may be better than at what they do than at what Tuck does. Indavidual matchups always takes place. Then you have to look at the coaches scheming wich a lot of you maybe don't do. Yet some posters mentioned how offense are now getting rid of the ball faster. Another thing, a lot of you give our players too many props. Take the thread about Cruz. Some of you think he doen't deserve double digit mil a year. I agree on that cause of the other players we need. Other players can effect Tuck to cause football is a team sport. If you a DC or OC, you gots to know this and scheme. Sometimes you can't just rush 4 players all of the time. In every game coming up, the coaches and players have to study that team and learn the players week to week.
    Using the schedule as an excuse is just an excuse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts