+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mock 2 with sr bowl complete..

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I would dub this the "common sense" mock.

Nothing that's really going to excite anyone but covers most of our needs.

My two biggest concerns with this mock:

1) Lane Johnson being available at pick #19.

2) No DT chosen. We can get away on the DE front with Tuck, JPP, Kiwi, Ojomo and Tracy this year.
    Theres this crazy thing out there called Free Agency that there trying this yr, where teams can sign guys for money..lol j/k.. U cant fill all ur needs in the draft.. Just not happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I like this one, lots of value.. Winters seems like a Giant to me..
    Thank u sir..

squeeze maysonet in there somewhere at the end and this mock is one of the better.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Theres this crazy thing out there called Free Agency that there trying this yr, where teams can sign guys for money..lol j/k.. U cant fill all ur needs in the draft.. Just not happening...
    True but unless we can find a quality DT in Free Agency that will pay us $10 million for the privilege of playing on the Giants, we're going to need to address it in the Draft.

Didn't we give up our 5th for Rivers?

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    Didn't we give up our 5th for Rivers?
    yup.. last years 5th rounder

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    RD1) Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma- I'm fine with Alec Ogletree here, as i love em, and a few others as well, but Lane Johnson is a fantastic Long, athletic OT, with room to pack on weight, and can play RT for us, and if or when Beatty leaves, slide over to LT.. Bookend OT...

RD2) Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers- Everyone knows i love em, and the instinctive , playmaking, physical LB is exactly what our LB core needs..

RD3) Jamar Taylor CB Boise St- Physical player who mixes it up in the run game and also has man cover skills and plays a physical brand of CB which i like.. Kid had 4picks, 2.5sacks, 3FF, 9PD, 51Tackles in 2012.. He can flat out play...

RD4) Brian Winters G/T Kent St- A fine player who i seen on multiple occasions and was impressed each time.. Versatile, gritty, technically sound, he'd fit right in on this oline, and be very helpful if we lose Boothe, or when Snee ends up calling it quits or moves on...

RD5) Stansly Maponga DE TCU- Ultra fast off the edge, Maponga had a down yr , and should've went back to school.. But the upside is tremendous, and he could certainly be like a more motivated OSI in his prime if things work out.. Maponga is just a tad short, but worth the gamble in the 5th...

RD6) AJ Klein ILB Iowa St.- Gritty, hardworking, physcial football player, with leadership qualities.. Most have em going earlier after solid wk at Shrine, but its possible hes still available, and would have chance at starting for us, or being quality depth...

RD7) Earl Wolff S NC State- Big wk during shrine, and has been a sleeper of mind since WK1. Very impressive player with coverege and run play abilities.. A leader for the wolf pack, and as bad as Amerson was at times, Wolff shined most of the yr and has had a very good career with wolfpack..
    I love this mock. especially 1-4.

Im not certain the Lane Johnson will be available at #19 but if he slides then its a steal for Big Blue.

Always love seeing NJ Boys stay home and Greene is an impressive thumper.

I do have concerns that you dont have a DT.

I dont see the giants picking up a Safety anywhere in the draft. even with KP possibly leaving we have an influx of good young safety talent behind/next to Rolle. Hill/Brown/Sash/TT(Maybe).

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    True but unless we can find a quality DT in Free Agency that will pay us $10 million for the privilege of playing on the Giants, we're going to need to address it in the Draft.
    Oh we'll certainly figure out a way to get a solid DT that falls through the cracks in FA'cy and ends up being a super bargain.. To be honest, who knows what Glenn Dorsey is gonna get? He might be forced to go play for a incentive laden deal or something.. Thers others a s well.. Any way u cut the dice, theres gonna be positons were gonna have to use guys on the roster like a markus kuhn or marvin austin, or a bargain barrell type player and hope we get a nice unexpected yr outta em... U only get 7draft picks, and as u know, the deeper into the draft, the harder it is to get starters and guys ready to play.. So really, ur just trying to get 3starters, and alittle depth, and if u get more, great! Thats not covering our needs, and thats as good as it gets...

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    I love this mock. especially 1-4.

Im not certain the Lane Johnson will be available at #19 but if he slides then its a steal for Big Blue.

Always love seeing NJ Boys stay home and Greene is an impressive thumper.

I do have concerns that you dont have a DT.

I dont see the giants picking up a Safety anywhere in the draft. even with KP possibly leaving we have an influx of good young safety talent behind/next to Rolle. Hill/Brown/Sash/TT(Maybe).
    Thank u sir.. As far as S goes, i don't know if i'm as big a believer in Will HIll as some on here, as i just havent' seen what some think or might of saw? To me, both Will Hill and Tyler Sash are complete unknowns and banking on Stevie Brown, who came outta nowhere last yr, to repeat what he did, might be alittle far fetched.. Taking a player late in the draft is fine on any positon, i don't care what the depth chart looks like, as long as its solid value, its fine.. Earl Wolff is great value late, and they even had em playing CB at the Shrine, and he made a great play in the endzone while doing so, so verstaility may be there as well.. Safety isn't loaded enough to ignore, by any stretch, as long as its quality value...

+ Reply to Thread