+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So when do you think the Giants retire good old #92?

So when do you think the Giants retire good old #92?

If Strahan gets a first ballot election into the hall this weekend I say they do it the first home game next year.......any other guesses? Think that's too soon? Is there a standard timeframe for this kind of thing?

Also came across this article which says it may never be retired but not sure I buy that:
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...pUN5tm4BwMCDWJ

I don't know if it will. There's only a limited number of numbers available. It's possible, but I won't hold my breath on it.

A number is not a human so when the number gets low, being it out of retirement if they do retire it. I say they should.

Yeah but that excuse kind of goes out the window because no one has worn it since.......it's not like they need it and have been using it. The guy wasn't a very good DE......he was the best the Giants have ever had and like LT took over games sometimes I think he deserves it and would like to see him get it.

I was there for #56 and I was there for #11. I thnk they were both prime time games. Simms def was, he threw a pass to LT at half time. I could be wrong about LT. For some reason I think LT was a Monday Night Game on Labor day, against Dallas. I could be wrong. All I remember is that the programs were sold out and I had to buy one from a fan who had a bunch. It cost me $50.

IMO, if the team felt that #11 should be retired without him being in the HOF, then they should def retire #92, assuming he gets in. It would be decades before they ever came close to running out of numbers.

They don't have too much to worry about with retiring numbers on the DL. LB is more of a concern

We retire it when I say we do.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    We retire it when I say we do.
    Duly noted......just give me a heads up beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayC View Post
    If Strahan gets a first ballot election into the hall this weekend I say they do it the first home game next year.......any other guesses? Think that's too soon? Is there a standard timeframe for this kind of thing?

Also came across this article which says it may never be retired but not sure I buy that:
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...pUN5tm4BwMCDWJ
    They will absolutely retire his number.

When is a matter of choice ... I don't think there is an official time table.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    They don't have too much to worry about with retiring numbers on the DL. LB is more of a concern
    Only if our current evaluation of the LB position changes

+ Reply to Thread