+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which CB would you take IF thats the way we go

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I tend to agree the most with this.

Rhodes would be my top pick if we're going CB in the first two rounds.
    I dont see why Milliner is a Top 5 pick

Poyer in the 1st? Im not sure about that. I think he could slip to us in the 2nd, although it does seem like his stock is climbing. Milliner is the obvious pick if he is there. after that Id say Rhodes.

I hope we dont go CB at #1 though. We can patch work some FA CBs for next year with CWeb, Prince, Hosley. Will T2 come back for a one year deal? We need to revamp our pass rush which would help the DBs out big time.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    It seemed that he was more a product of the Alabama name than any great shakes himself.

From what I've seen on tape, he has good range and decent speed but otherwise is fairly raw. So yeah, not sure why he'd be a top 5 pick (unless it's based on strength of competition, which a lot of pre-combine stuff is).

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    It seemed that he was more a product of the Alabama name than any great shakes himself. From what I've seen on tape, he has good range and decent speed but otherwise is fairly raw. So yeah, not sure why he'd be a top 5 pick (unless it's based on strength of competition, which a lot of pre-combine stuff is).
    So you don't think milliner is the best cover corner in the draft? I think he is without a doubt in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    So you don't think milliner is the best cover corner in the draft? I think he is without a doubt in my mind.
    Not especially, no. I do see his value for size and athleticism but I don't watch his tape and automatically think "Top of the draft corner". But having said that, I will readily admit to being horrible at judging college-to-pros talent.

Rhodes seems to fit the mold in regards to CB that the giants look for. I like that he appears to be pretty physical,,needs to wrap up better but is not afraid to stick his head in there,,,I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    Rhodes seems to fit the mold in regards to CB that the giants look for. I like that he appears to be pretty physical,,needs to wrap up better but is not afraid to stick his head in there,,,I like him.
    I like Rhodes as well.. Poyer gets the nod for me, because i think his ball skills play well opposite Prince, but Rhodes physicality and size/speed combonation are very enticing, and i like him as well..

Its a good solid group of CB's this yr..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I like Rhodes as well.. Poyer gets the nod for me, because i think his ball skills play well opposite Prince, but Rhodes physicality and size/speed combonation are very enticing, and i like him as well..

Its a good solid group of CB's this yr..
    Those are the 2 guys I like. Im not saying they are the 2 best, just the 2 that I think have the most value where they are being projected. I would also say that I like Trufant more than most do.

Every year we talk about "Giant type" players. To me, Rhodes is 1 of the guys atop that list.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Those are the 2 guys I like. Im not saying they are the 2 best, just the 2 that I think have the most value where they are being projected. I would also say that I like Trufant more than most do.

Every year we talk about "Giant type" players. To me, Rhodes is 1 of the guys atop that list.
    U know i'm a trufant fan as well.. If my answer wasen't Poyer and/or Rhodes, it'd of certainly been Trufant.. And i agree, Rhodes does have that "GIANTS PICK" feel to em.. More so then Poyer, i will add...

I'd be very content grabbing one of Leon McFadden, Jamar Taylor, or Darius Slay in the 3rd or if we get real lucky, 4th rd as well... Taylor is physical, can man up, or play zone, and supports the run.. So for that, he kinda reminds me of a giants type pick as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Thank you...I've been saying this too. He's very talented but I don't see him being special in the mold that draft slot commands. He's not a Revis or Sanders and he doesn't have the same value as a Patrick Peterson.

I'd put him more in the 12-20 range.
    Last edited by titwio; 02-05-2013 at 08:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread