+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which CB would you take IF thats the way we go

Poyer is a guy i would love to get.. Athletic, ballskills, fast..etc

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Poyer is a guy i would love to get.. Athletic, ballskills, fast..etc
    the more I see him the more I like him,,where do you think he goes? 2nd? early 3rd? am I way off?

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    the more I see him the more I like him,,where do you think he goes? 2nd? early 3rd? am I way off?
    early 2nd.. I think

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I said a ways back i thought he'd be a riser possibly into RD1, and hes gotten close, as i've seen em as the 1st pick of RD2 to Jags a bunch, and i think its certainly not outta the realm to believe he could go in that end of RD1 range, but probably top half of RD2 would be a better pct guess...

I've had him ranked behind Milliner since about October... I like Jonathan Banks as well, but thought the gap was closer then made out to be, and now u see Banks dropping in some mocks to the 20's while Poyer has risen to early 2nd, so i guess people are agreeing with my initial assesment?

To be honest, i don't even know if Jonathan Banks is the best CB on his team, as Darius Slay is a heck of a player as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    early 2nd.. I think
    We will see I've seen really varied reports about his timed speed. I dont think he would fall out of the 2nd day but if he runs a 4.55 - 4.6 that could be a problem for some teams. At worst he will be looked at as a Nickel back and those do get drafted early 2nd round.

Rhodes is pretty rough around the edges, but I think he has the most upside. I'm surprised teams didn't challenge him as much as he does tend to be over aggressive and flip his hips early in the receiver's routes. But a few more years learning technique and I think he can be a very good NFL corner.

I don't think the gap between Milliner and Poyer is great if there is one at all.

I'm not certain of the love of Banks. By comparison, I felt Jimmy Smith and Dre Kirkpatrick were the better prospects, so I don't know why I continue to see Banks in the early first right after Milliner.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    We will see I've seen really varied reports about his timed speed. I dont think he would fall out of the 2nd day but if he runs a 4.55 - 4.6 that could be a problem for some teams. At worst he will be looked at as a Nickel back and those do get drafted early 2nd round.
    Hes faster then that.. Its funny becuase for some reason, i think of Joe Haden when i think of Poyer, and Haden ran a bit worse then he was supposed to and is nasty.. Not saying it always works that way, but Poyer is just good... He has a uncanny knack for getting his hand or hands on the ball, and hes so athletic.. Great instincts... Hes going top half of 2nd at worst...

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    So whos ur answer, anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Rhodes is pretty rough around the edges, but I think he has the most upside. I'm surprised teams didn't challenge him as much as he does tend to be over aggressive and flip his hips early in the receiver's routes. But a few more years learning technique and I think he can be a very good NFL corner.

I don't think the gap between Milliner and Poyer is great if there is one at all.

I'm not certain of the love of Banks. By comparison, I felt Jimmy Smith and Dre Kirkpatrick were the better prospects, so I don't know why I continue to see Banks in the early first right after Milliner.
    I tend to agree the most with this.

Rhodes would be my top pick if we're going CB in the first two rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    So whos ur answer, anyways?
    Ive listed who I like before. i would like to see them play a more aggressive zone scheme . If they will do that Xavier Rhodes.

+ Reply to Thread