+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by river555 View Post
    Imagine if we had a pass rush? It would make life much easier in case you don't have 2 shutdown CBs.
    Hey, I've seen the Giants have a good pass rush but the qb still was able to get rid of the ball at the right time especialy when Strahan was the only one on the line.

having 2 shut down corners would mean that we wouldn't be able to sigh them both next year and we'd be looking for another corner...what we really need is a DT who can pressure from the middle to take away the pocket so the QB can't step up to throw and avoid the rush from the ends, if we had that guy it would help our defense tremendously..
    Last edited by JesseJames; 02-02-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Imagine if we had a DC that knew how to use his personell instead trying to jam round pegs into square holes. Webby is fine when allowed to play physical at the line. Nmandi looked like crap when Philly screwed him up scheme wise.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    Imagine if we had a DC that knew how to use his personell instead trying to jam round pegs into square holes. Webby is fine when allowed to play physical at the line. Nmandi looked like crap when Philly screwed him up scheme wise.
    Um. http://www.packers.com/media-center/...a-1c2300b2e5f6

And Nnamdi has been in decline for years

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    having 2 shut down corners would mean that we wouldn't be able to sigh them both next year and we'd be looking for another corner...what we really need is a DT who can pressure from the middle to take away the pocket so the QB can't step up to throw and avoid the rush from the ends, if we had that guy it would help our defense tremendously..
    Not true. We have about 4 D-linmen making a lot of money and the Giants had them for some time. If we can have them then we can have two shut down cbs.
    Last edited by Diamondring; 02-03-2013 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Not true. We have about 4 D-linmen making a lot of money and the Giants had them for some time. If we can have them then we can have two shut down cbs.
    what you've just said makes no sense in reference to to my post...

I wouldn't mind another cb ...... But I'm not accepting the fact that Webster is completely done.... Lets remember just before this season he was awesome and most of always *****ed how he didn't get the recognition he deserved

He regressed but maybe some if it could be due to his broken hand and didn't he have a nagging hamstring all season ?

Idk I think I'll give him this year and see from there

It would be nice to have two shut down corners but if you've got great pass rushers then it's more important to have good linebackers to help prevent the short pass. By forcing teams to go for the longer routes by WR's it gives our d-line more time to get to the QB. Right now they can pass underneath on our slow LB's all day long and run right up the middle creating 2nd/3rd and shorts too often.

We need to get better at LB first and foremost the more I think about it. I'm hoping Hosley can take a step forward in training camp or we can come up with a great slot corner. Would be pretty nice if TT could make a comeback and be our slot CB. Even if Webster is here next season he won't be after that unless he turns it around in a big way. Then again guys in contract years just seem to come up big so who knows...

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Um. http://www.packers.com/media-center/...a-1c2300b2e5f6

And Nnamdi has been in decline for years
    Looking at that play, something seems to be missing... like a safety? Shouldn't there have been someone over the top on that or did they really put Webby alone on an island with Nelson? I think just about every Giants fan could tell you that Webby isn't good enough to win that battle one on one, I would hope that PF would know that as well!

This is either a great example of a coach putting a player in a position to fail by not understanding their limits, or a great example of how confused that defense is half the time.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Looking at that play, something seems to be missing... like a safety? Shouldn't there have been someone over the top on that or did they really put Webby alone on an island with Nelson? I think just about every Giants fan could tell you that Webby isn't good enough to win that battle one on one, I would hope that PF would know that as well!

This is either a great example of a coach putting a player in a position to fail by not understanding their limits, or a great example of how confused that defense is half the time.
    Nothing to do with confusion. Webster had brutally bad technique on that play, like he does on a lot of the plays he gives up.

It just amuses me that people blame Fewell no matter what, first its webster is great when he can press.... So they let him press here and he gets beat for a 73 yard TD. Now its webster cant be one on one with anyone without a safety.

So why even play him then? He makes 9 mil a year and cant cover anyone?