+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What 2014 Draft prospects u looking forward to watching most next season?

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I also like Hundley.. Not sure Mariota is gonna translate to the NFL though..
    I think the biggest concern for Mariota will be going to the right team and having an offensive mind who understands what situations to put him in. He's not a guy I'd just pull a cold turkey on and stick him in a purely pro style offense on day 1. He needs to be eased into the pro game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I think the biggest concern for Mariota will be going to the right team and having an offensive mind who understands what situations to put him in. He's not a guy I'd just pull a cold turkey on and stick him in a purely pro style offense on day 1. He needs to be eased into the pro game.
    Well give hima break, he's only going to be a redshirt sophomore. But at the same time, Any coaching staff worth its salt would design their offense around this guy, Like washington and San Fran did with their guys.

Also, Chip kelly said it himself. This isn't a running quarterback, this guy is a Quarterback who can run

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Well give hima break, he's only going to be a redshirt sophomore. But at the same time, Any coaching staff worth its salt would design their offense around this guy, Like washington and San Fran did with their guys.

Also, Chip kelly said it himself. This isn't a running quarterback, this guy is a Quarterback who can run
    I should elaborate: I wouldn't put him in a similar situation that Luck was thrusted into but something more akin to what RG3, Wilson, or Kaepernick did. All of these guys can be pure drop back passers if the time is invested there but Luck is the only one in that group who was ready to do that on day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I should elaborate: I wouldn't put him in a similar situation that Luck was thrusted into but something more akin to what RG3, Wilson, or Kaepernick did. All of these guys can be pure drop back passers if the time is invested there but Luck is the only one in that group who was ready to do that on day 1.
    What the Colts did with Luck is no different then what the other teams did with their players. They all took the offenses they ran in college hence the seemingly seamless transition. Luck has the skill set to run a read option/pistol offense and I expect the Colts to start sprinkling it in next season.

And for whatever Luck was ready to do on Day 1, he was probably the least succesful of the 4 young QB's
    Last edited by juice33s; 02-03-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    What the Colts did with Luck is no different then what the other teams did with their players. They all took the offenses they ran in college hence the seemingly seamless transition. Luck has the skill set to run a read option/pistol offense and I expect the Colts to start sprinkling it in next season.

And for whatever Luck was ready to do on Day 1, he was probably the least succesful of the 4 young QB's
    His team was by far the worst of the 4

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    His team was by far the worst of the 4
    luck also probably had the least talent around him,,turned a 1-15 team around,,I think luck will be fine...the league will eventually catch up to the spread offense,,15 years from now luck will still be playing and the RG111 types of current will most likely be long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    luck also probably had the least talent around him,,turned a 1-15 team around,,I think luck will be fine...the league will eventually catch up to the spread offense,,15 years from now luck will still be playing and the RG111 types of current will most likely be long gone.
    Thats what I was saying

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Thats what I was saying
    Additionally, those other guys had much better players on their team. And yes, I'm being an *******

Daniel McCullers the Huge Tennessee NT is very underrated. The more games I watch the more I wonder why he didnt declare. Lots of talent to mold on a 6'6 375 guy

CJ Mosley! This is the guy I was hoping would be our MLB in this draft. Want this guy to be a Giant in a bad way.

Also on Alabama: LT Cyrus Kouandijo, RG Anthony Steen, LB Trey DePriest (when he was in high school I was hoping he'd end up a Giant), S HaHa Clinton-Dix and QB AJ McCarron

UGA: QB Arron Murray and CB Damian Swann

LSU's safety Craig Loston and RB Kenny Hilliard

Devin Taylor DE South Carolina

Tre Mason RB Auburn

A lot of these guys will be juniors and may or may not enter the draft

+ Reply to Thread