+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MtLife Stadium Nearly Had Retractable Roof But Giants and Jets Passed Due To Cost

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    yeah....oh well. You live where you live....

Its an open air stadium....the way it should be.
    That and nobody here should refer to it by any other name than

GIANTS STADIUM

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    They actually paid a premium to guarantee construction was on time
    Which never happens without boat loads of extra cash for anyone that is involved with large construction will testify to. Tons of wasted OT and man power

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.giants101.com/2013/02/02/...-due-to-price/

Excerpt: "Super Bowl XLVIII is still more than a year away, but it's been shrouded in controversy since day one due to MetLife Stadium, home of both the New York Giants and New York Jets, being an outdoor stadium. Many fear NFL's biggest game will suffer because of cold temperatures and potential inclement weathers. Some have even gone as far as to call it "******ed."

It's a concern that was taken into account while building the new Meadowlands stadium. Giants co-owners John Mara and Steve Tisch sat down with Jets owner Woody Johnson and the collective group considered a retractable roof. However, Tisch revealed on Friday that plan was scrapped due to the immense cost of said roof. It, alone, would have cost an additional $500 million to build." Read more...

That's ny metropolition area Union pricing along with a 39% automatic markup for undisclosed fees, bumps down the road and Island vacations for all the boys who moved their pens.
    A clear bad decision all round! Maybe they should of doubled their P $ L fees for a better overhead.
    "There is winning and there is Misery"

Not sure what all the *****en is about by some media, players and fans; the rich snobs will be in suites and the diehard fans will be happy just to be at a SB and the players get paid to play wherever they're told. Some people need to get over it.

As an ole time fan since Yankee Stadium days, I too believe football should be played in frozen mud. However, I think it was short-sighted to not have a retractable dome. You could have it open for all football games if you wanted, or you could close it at times it would be beneficial. I've sat in my seats many a time when it would have been nice to have been a bit warner!! LOL. Extra events could be held without concern for weather.
    To have SB with risk of a nor'easter is plain silly. I have only been to one SB (Tampa ) and most of the fun was walking around outdoors enjoying the full atmosphere. I plan on being around for SB game next year (hopefully watching Eli win another MVP!). But I don't see enjoying the same atmosphere. SB should be in warm area because of what it is..a spectacle..

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    That's a little backward isn't it?
    Yes, but they wanted the guarantee. Skansa would have taken a huge loss if they had run over
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by krygny View Post
    That and nobody here should refer to it by any other name than

GIANTS STADIUM
    agreed....thats what I call it....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by mike kennedy View Post
    That's ny metropolition area Union pricing along with a 39% automatic markup for undisclosed fees, bumps down the road and Island vacations for all the boys who moved their pens.
    A clear bad decision all round! Maybe they should of doubled their P $ L fees for a better overhead.
    what other choice did they have?? They wanted to rebuild....so this is what we all have now....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I was all for a retractable roof until learning that the NFL mandates you close it up if it's too cold or if the weather conditions aren't perfect. I figured we'd be able to host events there all year long and still have an outdoor football experience during the season.

And just imagine how much the NFL would love to have a super bowl every five years in New York City.

I hope there's a goddamn blizzard during the game.

+ Reply to Thread