+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Super Bowl in GIANTS Stadium

I think I'm in the minority with this position but I'm gonna roll it out anyway.

I think a bad weather Super Bowl is an awesome idea. Why is the "Ice Bowl" such a legendary game? Because of the beautiful weather and perfectly manicured field? I think not.

I think the media is leading the charge against venues like Met Life Stadium because they like the perk of going to a warm place every February and mixing vacation with work.

Granted, 100,000 or so fans could be inconvenienced by bad weather that week and on game day. They won't be able to golf and stroll around Manhattan in shirt sleeve.

Compare that to the 3 billion fans world wide who will marvel at players and coaches having to deal with one more significant element on the way to the Lombardi Trophy.

One could say that cold weather gives an advantage to teams from the north. Well doesn't warm weather advantage southern teams who are used to dealing with heat and their bodies are more acclimated to that?

I think that if the goal is to give maximum enjoyment to billions of fans watching the game, the potential for bad weather adds an exciting element of drama which is good for the sport. But that's just me.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I agree...I love watching games in the snow and bad weather. It makes the game all the more interesting. This is FOOTBALL not indoor soccer or volleyball...suck it up. Some of my favorite memories as a child were playing tackle football with my friends in the snow..we had a blast.

People look at this game more of a vacation then what it actually is. I don't care if it will be too cold out and you don't want to sit outside, there is a simple
    solution to that just don't buy tickets and watch it from your couch. I would be more than happy to take your place and have a blast in the snow, drinking beer and slapping ^5 with my buddies

the NFC championship game up at Lambeau where Coughlin's face looked like it was gonna fall off was one for the age's

Veteran
    The ideal weather at the SB would be a blizzard, tornado, heavy snow, a hurricane, and possibly a tsunami

agree Rain snow cold no problem. Not a fan of watching a game if there is 30 plus mile an hour wind.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

I agree, it has a lot to do with the extra activities that come with the SB, no golf for all the celebs...

yall must be ******ed /flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    The ideal weather at the SB would be a blizzard, tornado, heavy snow, a hurricane, and possibly a tsunami
    You forgot locusts!

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    yall must be ******ed /flacco
    What do you expect from a fake Jersey guy. Those south jersey people all marry their relatives and root for the eagles.

I disagree.Why should weather be a deciding factor in the outcome of the game? Why is football the only sport that needs to be played in bad weather? I would rather see the outcome be decided by the skill of the players giving their best performance.You wouldn't see a Broadway play in a blizzard. Why should football be any different?
    IMO,they should have put a roof on Metlife Stadium.

Football was meant to be played in the cold.