+ Reply to Thread

LT vs The Saints - Nov 1988

The Giants were 7-5 vs the 9-3 Saints. Playing without Phil Simms, Harry Carson and Carl Banks. The Giants were on a two game losing streak to division rivals.
    Lawrence Taylor had torn shoulder ligaments and a detached pectoral muscle in this game. LT had seven tackles, including three sacks, and two forced fumbles. The Giants won, 13-12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UXvU6m6JPE

not to mention a really bad headache too

Man, seeing LT play was honestly a thing of beauty. One of the best ever to play the game!

Sometimes I really wonder how I would've fared in the NFL if I just continued with my crack addiction. There's not one day where I look back wishing I didn't give it up.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    The Giants were 7-5 vs the 9-3 Saints. Playing without Phil Simms, Harry Carson and Carl Banks. The Giants were on a two game losing streak to division rivals.
    Lawrence Taylor had torn shoulder ligaments and a detached pectoral muscle in this game. LT had seven tackles, including three sacks, and two forced fumbles. The Giants won, 13-12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UXvU6m6JPE
    Goes to show you how insane those Giants Linebackers were. Even without Banks and Carson, they could still throw Reasons and Pepper out there and LT with all those injuries is still an insane linebacker so it's like there was little to no drop-off. Impressive to say the least. Miss those days.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35