+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Strahan Prefers To See HOF Snub as a "Delayed Blessing"

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Parcells is a man that went out of his way to screw over the team in his departure. Wait for Belicheck and Coughlin to leave, then force Ray Handley on us for 2 years... Strahan didn't do that, sure he was a little more self-centered earlier on, but matured as he continued his career. By the end he was the leader we all know and love today. Parcells regressed in that regard, from the leader we remember in 1986 to a guy that seemed to only be in it for the lulz (like when he took over the Jets, Cowboys, and Dolphins...)
    I wonder if that sack of Favre played into it at all???
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I wonder if that sack of Favre played into it at all???
    Even if he didn't have that sack, he'd still be the giants career sack leader (141.5 with favre sack removed compared to LT 132.5, not to mention Strahan didn't have a hand in the dirt in front of him to take up some OL blocks). If Strahan were a 3-4 LB, he probably would have had even more sacks than he did record...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Even if he didn't have that sack, he'd still be the giants career sack leader (141.5 with favre sack removed compared to LT 132.5, not to mention Strahan didn't have a hand in the dirt in front of him to take up some OL blocks). If Strahan were a 3-4 LB, he probably would have had even more sacks than he did record...
    Yes, but I rememeber at the time a lot of media heads were incensed and some of them may be voters.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Rest assured, Strahan will eventually get in. It's just a matter of time or attempts.

He got screwed. I didn't think he'd get in this year, but after seeing those that did, he clearly deserved it. I saw them all play and while good, Strahan deserved the nod over some of the others. I say it's the anti-NY vote and not wanting to put two former Giants, yeah I know Parcells was also a cowgirl, but is best remembered as a Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Yes, but I rememeber at the time a lot of media heads were incensed and some of them may be voters.
    You may have something there.

If I had to guess, they didn't want two Giants getting in at the same time (Parcells) or both DEs of the same generation getting in at the same time (Sapp).

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    If I had to guess, they didn't want two Giants getting in at the same time (Parcells) or both DEs of the same generation getting in at the same time (Sapp).
    You may be right. It wasn't as if he revolutionized his position and had to get in on the 1st ballot like an LT. He will get in eventually. Probably next year.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

Parcells is a man that went out of his way to screw over the team in his departure. Wait for Belicheck and Coughlin to leave, then force Ray Handley on us for 2 years... Strahan didn't do that, sure he was a little more self-centered earlier on, but matured as he continued his career. By the end he was the leader we all know and love today. Parcells regressed in that regard, from the leader we remember in 1986 to a guy that seemed to only be in it for the lulz (like when he took over the Jets, Cowboys, and Dolphins...)
    Got to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Bulls View Post
    He got screwed. I didn't think he'd get in this year, but after seeing those that did, he clearly deserved it. I saw them all play and while good, Strahan deserved the nod over some of the others. I say it's the anti-NY vote and not wanting to put two former Giants, yeah I know Parcells was also a cowgirl, but is best remembered as a Giant.
    What's the deal with the Anti-NY thing anyway?
    I've felt that way for a long time.

+ Reply to Thread