+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Strahan Prefers To See HOF Snub as a "Delayed Blessing"

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    If I had to guess, they didn't want two Giants getting in at the same time (Parcells) or both DEs of the same generation getting in at the same time (Sapp).
    Arguably the most dominant DE (Strahan) and DT (Sapp) of their time.

I don't understand why there is a limit to how many they are aloud to put in. Either the player is a HOF or not. Why cap the number of inductees.

Snubed big time

poo poo these votes.. Strahan is HOF in my book..

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Even if he didn't have that sack, he'd still be the giants career sack leader (141.5 with favre sack removed compared to LT 132.5, not to mention Strahan didn't have a hand in the dirt in front of him to take up some OL blocks). If Strahan were a 3-4 LB, he probably would have had even more sacks than he did record...
    For many years for a good amount of time, Strahan had hardly no help on the other side and still was a threat. He is not in is suprising.

i cant believe he wasnt first ballot. in a way, he kind of did change the way DE's are looked at. We all know of the Reggie Whites and stuff, but I think Strahan will be the bench mark for how u measure a "complete" DE. Strahan was the master of the sack, we all know that. But I'm always amazed when I hear former OL or teammates speak about Strahans play and dedication vs the run, which was definitely not always the case with him when he first came on. he progressed into, imho, one of the first DE's that should be discussed on an All NFL Historical team or something...he also doesnt get the credit he deserves for toughness. guy had a long, consistent career in the NFCE, with all the road grader run blocking OL and the premium teams put on the ability to actually contain strahan, i am disappointed he wasn't first ballot.
    it'd almost be like tony gonzalez not getting first ballot when he goes (a little over the top I know, its for effect) but i dunno if its possible to reach a higher level of play for the longevity he did it at.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i cant believe he wasnt first ballot. in a way, he kind of did change the way DE's are looked at. We all know of the Reggie Whites and stuff, but I think Strahan will be the bench mark for how u measure a "complete" DE. Strahan was the master of the sack, we all know that. But I'm always amazed when I hear former OL or teammates speak about Strahans play and dedication vs the run, which was definitely not always the case with him when he first came on. he progressed into, imho, one of the first DE's that should be discussed on an All NFL Historical team or something...he also doesnt get the credit he deserves for toughness. guy had a long, consistent career in the NFCE, with all the road grader run blocking OL and the premium teams put on the ability to actually contain strahan, i am disappointed he wasn't first ballot.
    it'd almost be like tony gonzalez not getting first ballot when he goes (a little over the top I know, its for effect) but i dunno if its possible to reach a higher level of play for the longevity he did it at.
    I think that Reggie White and Bruce Smith were better more complete DEs than Michael Strahan.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I think that Reggie White and Bruce Smith were better more complete DEs than Michael Strahan.
    thats def. fair. for me tho, for whatever small disparity there is between the 3 if at all, strahan being a Giant puts him over the top for me... i know, not very logical at all but eh who cares, just my opinion...i mean, if i were starting a team, and had to pick between those 3, dunno if id be able to choose without flipping a coin or somethng lol...

and fwiw, im sure theres aspects strahan did better than those other 2 and likewise. for example, strahan really payed more attention to his body like midway thru his career, and it gave him an agility boost that imo played a big part in his ability to set the edge and either stop the run himself or force the rb into the waiting arms of others who came in unblocked while stray ate up a triple team...stray also had a bit more quickness AFTER that initial burst, all 3 had tremendous bursts off the line, but stray had a bit more athleticism/agility imo that helped him make so many plays.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    thats def. fair. for me tho, for whatever small disparity there is between the 3 if at all, strahan being a Giant puts him over the top for me... i know, not very logical at all but eh who cares, just my opinion...i mean, if i were starting a team, and had to pick between those 3, dunno if id be able to choose without flipping a coin or somethng lol...
    lol...............it is the same way as how I would pick Eli over Rodgers and Brees.....lol......

I think Michael Strahan deserved to go in on first ballot but am not surprised that he didn't.

+ Reply to Thread