+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I really don't get what the voters were looking at. Strahan's stats are far more impressive then Sapp's. doesn't make much sense to put Sapp in over Strahan when you look at there career numbers.

Giants' Strahan Prefers To See HOF Snub as a "Delayed Blessing"

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1254148

Excerpt: "Justin Tuck said last week it would be a “black, gloom day for the NFL” if Michael Strahan wasn’t elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday. Osi Umenyiora vowed he’d start tossing some furniture, too.

But when it actually happened, and Michael Strahan was surprisingly snubbed by the Pro Football Hall of Fame voters, the former Giants defensive end preferred to look at it as “a delayed blessing” — one that could lead to him being elected to the Hall during Super Bowl week in New York next year.

Strahan, the Giants’ official all-time sack leader and one of the greatest defensive ends in NFL history, was shockingly not included when the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2013 was announced at the Super Bowl XLVII media center on Saturday evening. He made it through the first round of voting when the list of modern finalists was cut from 15 to 10, but he was eliminated when the list was cut from 10 to 5.

Strahan, 41, seemed to take the snub in stride. His first reaction was to joke, via Twitter, that “I didn’t make the Pro Football Hall of Fame this year but I did win the DirecTV Beach Bowl MVP.”

A few minutes later, he congratulated the five modern-day members of the seven-member class — offensive linemen Jonathan Ogden and Larry Allen, receiver Cris Carter, defensive tackle Warren Sapp and former Giants and Jets coach Bill Parcells — and told them to “enjoy the well-deserved honor.”" Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

He'll get there. I thought he was a definite first rounder but you can't say those guys were not deserving either.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantSteps13 View Post
    I really don't get what the voters were looking at. Strahan's stats are far more impressive then Sapp's. doesn't make much sense to put Sapp in over Strahan when you look at there career numbers.
    Sapp was a DT who was not going to have stats anywhere near what Strahan would just because of the position he plays. Sapp was a monster Defensive Tackle and played with a high motor. He deserved his spot.

Sapp def deserves his spot, but if sapp got in first ballot then so should of Strahan no matter what.... I know the difference of positions .... And sapp was probably just as good as Strahan in his prime.... But strahans prime lasted way longer And had a better career ..... The voters should be banned from voting again ... I find it disgraceful and embarrassing ...... Strahan was the best giant ever after LT ..... Hopefully next year in NJ Strahan

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    He'll get there. I thought he was a definite first rounder but you can't say those guys were not deserving either.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Sapp was a DT who was not going to have stats anywhere near what Strahan would just because of the position he plays. Sapp was a monster Defensive Tackle and played with a high motor. He deserved his spot.
    Each made 7 pro bowls, each were 4x First Team All-Pro, each were 2x 2nd Team All-Pro, each won 1 Super Bowl. Point is they're VERY similar. Strahan's numbers look more impressive, which I guess you could say is totally due to the position, or you could say it's because he was better for a longer period. I'd have thought the numbers plus the record-breaking season would give it to Strahan over Sapp.

How do you snub strahan for that fat hamburger eating sapp of sh$t? Because he works for the the nfl network? What a farse.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I know this will upset some people but I never cared for Michael Strahan until 2007.

Michael was the first NY Giant that I can remember who put himself before the team out on the playing field. It didn't matter how bad we were getting beat, if Michael made a good play (which of course was his job) he immediately started auditioning for a career as a body builder. In 2007, despite his holdout, Michael proved there was a leader inside that man. Wish we had seen that sooner in his career.
    See...we are very different kinda "old men".

Love the guy, but I can look at the whole of his career with a little less "romance" than most folks and still see the guy as a Giants great and a sure fire HOF'er who in a lot of ways, could have been even greater.

Maybe we are being too harsh; maybe we are expecting too much. I mean, not too many guys have been model leaders throughout their careers, and he was a great leader.

Gonna be great when he makes the HOF in NY.
    www.negativityscene.com

Follow me on twitter @negativityscene

how is it possible......Sapp over Strahan??