+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Parcells is a man that went out of his way to screw over the team in his departure. Wait for Belicheck and Coughlin to leave, then force Ray Handley on us for 2 years... Strahan didn't do that, sure he was a little more self-centered earlier on, but matured as he continued his career. By the end he was the leader we all know and love today. Parcells regressed in that regard, from the leader we remember in 1986 to a guy that seemed to only be in it for the lulz (like when he took over the Jets, Cowboys, and Dolphins...)
    I agree with your statement here. I really did feel that Bill Parcells screwed us over and find him to be real selfish. I think that the opposite is the case with Stray. Sure he showboated and was immature early on but he grew and evolved. He really matured in to a fine leader and still motivates NY Giants and I think he will always be active member of this team, the guy Bleeds Blue.

He went out on his terms and retired when it was right for him but I know I am not the only one that wishes we had his leadership in 2008 when Plexiglass cheddar bobbed himself. I think Stray could have held the team together and we would have made another run.

I really wanted him to go in on 1st ballot and felt he deserved it but it will be so awesome if he gets elected next year in NY.

wtf Chris Carter over strahan? What a JOKE - THE HALL OF SHAME

You watch McNabb was hired by the nfl network he's in 4 years from now.

i was a little bit disappointed he didnt get in this time albeit his 1st! but he'll eventually get in!

i thought him and Parcells wouldve made a good Giants "team" going in!

Well when Strahan gets in next year it will be better because the Super Bowl will be in HIS stadium making the victory much more sweeter. Also maybe the writers did not want to put 2 guys from NY in the HOF at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabluguy View Post
    Snubed big time

Best sig ever.

That was hilarious! I loved how folks prank called in and kept on making jokes about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    See...we are very different kinda "old men".

Love the guy, but I can look at the whole of his career with a little less "romance" than most folks and still see the guy as a Giants great and a sure fire HOF'er who in a lot of ways, could have been even greater.

Maybe we are being too harsh; maybe we are expecting too much. I mean, not too many guys have been model leaders throughout their careers, and he was a great leader.

Gonna be great when he makes the HOF in NY.
    I agree, he is deserving. Just as deserving if not more than Warren Sapp. But his on-field antics (while losing) just turned me off.

With today's player it's now common place to celebrate plays that simply should be expected of one's self. Today's player makes a nice play (despite the score) and throws a party. Sometimes they can end up looking pretty foolish.

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

If he gets in next year in New York, and is on the field in "Giants Stadium" for the SB, it will all be worth it. I wonder if some voters took that into consideration.

Harry Carson waited 13 years to be inducted. You will get your chance Strahan...

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    If he gets in next year in New York, and is on the field in "Giants Stadium" for the SB, it will all be worth it. I wonder if some voters took that into consideration.
    i think some did consider it! thinking of it it may be a better time for the team!