+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants in top 2 superbowls of all time

Lol Ohara "did you see me not blocking anyone on that play?"

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

I hate NFL.com videos. Thirty second advertisements, bad quality, and terrible lag.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I hate NFL.com videos. Thirty second advertisements, bad quality, and terrible lag.
    Adblock pro.

yessssssssssss

thats the highest i think ive ever seen the az vs pitt sb...its usually top 3 and some lists of notoriety actually have it as #1...i like this particular list tho, i agree with the placements

I remember after SB XXV the general consensus in the media was that it was arguably the best Super Bowl contest in the history of the SB up to that time. Prior to that game, so many of them were either boring games, or foregone conclusions, or both.

Interesting--and gratifying for Giants fans, I suspect--that at least those selecting this current list 22 years later think so highly of that game. And of course I agree with their #1 choice.

Absurdly, immediately following the Steelers-Cardinals SB the next year, there were many (for a while) claiming that game as being even more exciting than our SB win vs 18-0 Patriots.

Ultimately, it seems, clear heads have prevailed since the immediate aftermath. (I mean, if the Cardinals had actually won, then maybe......)

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    I remember after SB XXV the general consensus in the media was that it was arguably the best Super Bowl contest in the history of the SB up to that time. Prior to that game, so many of them were either boring games, or foregone conclusions, or both.

Interesting--and gratifying for Giants fans, I suspect--that at least those selecting this current list 22 years later think so highly of that game. And of course I agree with their #1 choice.

Absurdly, immediately following the Steelers-Cardinals SB the next year, there were many (for a while) claiming that game as being even more exciting than our SB win vs 18-0 Patriots.

Ultimately, it seems, clear heads have prevailed since the immediate aftermath. (I mean, if the Cardinals had actually won, then maybe......)
    That's right. Of the previous 9 superbowls before XXV 7 of them were blowout. In fact the super bowl before that one between SF and Denver was the only one that I actually turned off after the 1st half.

XXV was the best IMO. Very physical, well executed game by both teams that came down to the last play. Can't ask for more than that.

Yeah we have had a run of pretty good Super Bowls I remember as a kid the game being a blowout more often than not

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    That's right. Of the previous 9 superbowls before XXV 7 of them were blowout. In fact the super bowl before that one between SF and Denver was the only one that I actually turned off after the 1st half.

XXV was the best IMO. Very physical, well executed game by both teams that came down to the last play. Can't ask for more than that.
    Yes. Arguably the best defense in the league that year vs the most explosive offense of that year. A great "strength vs strength" matchup. Not to mention Belichick's defensive game plan for that game is featured in the HOF.