+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: is Marvin Austin a bust?

Veteran
    I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He's had long enough to get himself into shape, he's had this whole season to learn the playbook/play against other NFL players. He's either hungry or he's not. The kid is undoubtly talented. The only thing that will stop him is himself. We will see, but if he doesn't get it together this season, I dont expect he ever will.

this season will answer that question.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    I haven't seen much of him this past season to say that he is bust.
    I think that is part of the equation. The scales are definitely tipping in the bust direction. He has to show up strong and play like a monster or he may find himself looking for another team.

Think he's is leaning in the direction bust/lazy category. If his back is an issue (Likely due to poor prep for camp) he may be done; if he can get himself back into shape then he could have potential

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Oh I have not forgot about that, it's inexcusable to come into OTA's out of shape.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    If he doesnt come into camp in the best shape of his life and ready to go he will be cut. I sense this is his last chance
    Has Reese ever cut a 2nd round pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Has Reese ever cut a 2nd round pick?
    I think he could very well be the 1st. I heard rumors they almost cut him last offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I think he could very well be the 1st. I heard rumors they almost cut him last offseason.
    Shame ... and I was always surprised that Reese took that big of a chance on an off-the-field issues guy that early. He usually has one per draft, but that's usually a 3rd round or later pick.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Shame ... and I was always surprised that Reese took that big of a chance on an off-the-field issues guy that early. He usually has one per draft, but that's usually a 3rd round or later pick.
    What off the field issues?

Starter
    Let's just hope there's nothing wrong with the beds this year during training camp.

+ Reply to Thread