+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: more mobile QB the wave of the future ,Giants must seek next

The SF defense was way more suspect last night than Kaeperdoodle and the offense. Where was the secondary they talk up so much? What about Aldon Smith the "pass rushing" phenom? At least Jim Caldwell redeemed himself in a sense and won't just be remembered as that guy who wrecked the Colts.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    The SF defense was way more suspect last night than Kaeperdoodle and the offense. Where was the secondary they talk up so much? What about Aldon Smith the "pass rushing" phenom? At least Jim Caldwell redeemed himself in a sense and won't just be remembered as that guy who wrecked the Colts.
    Or you could give some credit to Flacco. He played a great game and made some great throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Or you could give some credit to Flacco. He played a great game and made some great throws.
    My post has nothing to do with Flacco. Simply saying that if you are being fair in assessing the 49ers game as a whole, the defense was underwhelming to say the least. With all the hype they receive, they should have played much better.

I thought both QB's played very well. The only difference (and what probably cost SF the game) was Kaepernick's inexperience.
    I mean the kid had 9 starts going into that game. That's a huge stage for a kid with that amount of experience. He played great but the time management was horrible at the end.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    My post has nothing to do with Flacco. Simply saying that if you are being fair in assessing the 49ers game as a whole, the defense was underwhelming to say the least. With all the hype they receive, they should have played much better.
    Did the defense play bad or was the QB play very good? Or both?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I thought both QB's played very well. The only difference (and what probably cost SF the game) was Kaepernick's inexperience.I mean the kid had 9 starts going into that game. That's a huge stage for a kid with that amount of experience. He played great but the time management was horrible at the end.
    Both played well but Flacco was making some great throws last night. He had a bunch of throws that where so perfect or they would have been intercepted.

Honestly...the rules are making it more and more difficult to play defense in this league.
    Get well soon 80.

It was obvious from the first series that Kaep needed time to warm up and that he wasn't going to start on fire. In a physical game like this with good defenses (Yes, the Ravens D was good this postseason). the 49ers D with more talent and experience compared to their offense failed to contain the Ravens offense in the 1st half. No reason that a unit with that kind of front 7 and a decent (not great though) secondary should have surrendered 21 points that early. Obviously didn't help that the Ravens ST won too.

So yes Flacco played well but the 49ers defense did worse than most of the world expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    They have shown us plenty. To deny this or to place the standard that they "have to win a SB" is ridiculous.
    Right now. SF, Seattle and Washington (with a healthy RG) have better offenses than ours.
    The only thing that hurt Kaepernick and SF last night was his inexperience. Other than that, he was lights out.
    The SB is my standard. And another pocket passer won the SB this year. I'll take a pocket passer with some mobility over a scrambling QB any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    The SB is my standard. And another pocket passer won the SB this year. I'll take a pocket passer with some mobility over a scrambling QB any day of the week.
    Well that's a ridiculous standard.
    If the Seahawks had adopted that standard they wouldn't have drafted Russell Wilson. The game is changing. There is now more than one way to skin a cat in the NFL.
    Mobile QB's, even running QB's can win in this league. All this means is that both can be successful.
    If NFL GM's need a "SB win" to identify legitimate trends (like you suggest) the league would be stuck in a world of "3 yards and a cloud of dust".
    Get well soon 80.

+ Reply to Thread