+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: more mobile QB the wave of the future ,Giants must seek next

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    I agree Flacco didn't demonstrate his wheels much but he certainly has them. what he did do a lot was buy loads of extra time to get guys open.

Now lets say Kap had a Giants defense that could hold a team under 21 points , you tell me he doesn't win???

i agree with morehead that Kap was a young rookie and his first SB you get a bit nervous but still was good.
    and Eli cant win with a defense that can keep a team under 21 in the SB????
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

why wouldnt I consider them hybrids??? they have designed running plays also. when you guys talk about "running qb's" it makes it seem they can't pass . i am telling you the wave of the future QB's can do both, and that is hard to defend.
    they have designed running plays?? Ben and Flacco....???

ahhh....ok I guess.....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Flacco????
    Ben????
    Eli moves in the pocket enough to extend plays like Flacco and Ben for sure. Why is having a QB like Eli being stuck in the stone age??
    I'm sure you're not saying that Eli moves as well as either one of these guys....especially Ben. Right?
    Get well soon 80.

Days of collins and bledsoe are over , lead footed golems are not going to win anymore.

move in the athletic QB that can do both.
    and obvioulsy you think thats what Eli is...a leadfooted golem....hmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm sure you're not saying that Eli moves as well as either one of these guys....especially Ben. Right?
    no ....of course not. But I would never call Ben or Flacco a hybris like others here have...

and obvioulsy you think thats what Eli is...a leadfooted golem....hmmm.....
    A leadfooted, Goofy golem.

For the record I have no idea what a "golem" is but i approve of its use on this MB.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    These things aren't obvious until you suit up and play a bit in the NFL.
    There have been many QB's who teams hoped and believed had "IT", and didn't. And I'm sure many teams thought a guy like Brady didn't have 'IT" at all.

"IT" is hard to identify.
    Agree. The measurables are there for all to see from afar but the intangibles are the most important aspect of any football player and for that matter in a QB to analize and obviously not a science like you said knowing who is going to pan out. That been said so many times the writting is on the wall about some players but FO, GMs and coaches get lost in the hype and make bad desicions all the time about drafting the wrong players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    The Redskins went 10-6 and made the playoffs.
    And Seattle lost in the Divisional Round. However, Kaep only ran 2 or 3 times in the NFCCG win against Atlanta.

they have designed running plays?? Ben and Flacco....???

ahhh....ok I guess.....
    Yeah. There might be a QB sneak in there, or an occasional boot. They have nothing like RG III, Kaep, or even Wilson.

Giants should draft the best available QB and not necessarily look for a Kaepernick breed. The best available QB when we next draft a franchise QB could be a Peyton Manning who is a pure pocket passer and we better not pass up on that guy so we can get someone more mobile. This is a fad right now, it would normalize eventually. If this mobile QB using pistol offense starts putting up "greatest show on turf" type numbers consistently, then we have a valid argument but until then there's nothing revolutionary here. Nothing that a defense can prepare and eventually defend.

+ Reply to Thread