+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 174
  1. #111
    Different types of good qbs are still in the future not just mobile ones. There are not that many guys who are mobile and can pass the ball in this world..

  2. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    That's not to say you can't be great at throwing the ball AND offer a rushing threat, but the best hybrid will never be as good throwing the ball as the best pocket passer.
    Isn't that kind of a given though? If you lack the mobility to be an additional threat in the ground game like a Kaep, RG3, Wilson, or Cam, you're essentially forced to put more emphasis on making reads from the pocket and knowing how to diagnose a defense prior to the snap. Not that I disagree with you but a blind man should always have better hearing 9 times out of 10 over a normal man. The right way to go is to find a raw athletic QB type who isn't already "designed" to run first so you can mold him into the QB you want and that's a pass first and run 2nd type. There are a few times when I wish Eli could just go 5 yards forward instead of having to force a throw into a tight window.

  3. #113
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    If he cant read the field, doesn't anticipate throws, or fully trust his WRs then he can run all day but wont be a good QB
    So your view is that if a QB can run well, that means that he can't throw it well, he can't read defenses, he has no trust in his WR's and can't anticipate.
    Please explain how the ability to run effects any of these things.
    Get well soon 80.

  4. #114
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    "I test how other people deal with reality"
    Posts
    59,197
    like i said many are stuck in old school thinking that if a QB is mobile he cant throw

  5. #115
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    like i said many are stuck in old school thinking that if a QB is mobile he cant throw
    That seems to be the case.
    Someone might want to take note that Kaepernick threw for 300 yards last night and made some great throws.
    Get well soon 80.

  6. #116
    All-Pro Kase-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    BK 2 LI
    Posts
    12,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    So your view is that if a QB can run well, that means that he can't throw it well, he can't read defenses, he has no trust in his WR's and can't anticipate.
    Please explain how the ability to run effects any of these things.
    I have no idea how you got that from my post but I was saying if he cant do those things it doesn't matter how well he runs the ball. If you can run and do those things in addition to throwing the ball well then you have the makings of a good QB
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'


  7. #117
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    I have no idea how you got that from my post but I was saying if he cant do those things it doesn't matter how well he runs the ball. If you can run and do those things in addition to throwing the ball well then you have the makings of a good QB
    As I said in earlier posts....A QB MUST be a good pocket passer to win in this league. If he can run that is a great addition to his game. But being a great runner isn't enough by itself. Being a great passer in the NFL is.
    Get well soon 80.

  8. #118
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    "I test how other people deal with reality"
    Posts
    59,197
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post

    That's not to say you can't be great at throwing the ball AND offer a rushing threat, but the best hybrid will never be as good throwing the ball as the best pocket passer.
    i respectfully disagree, in the future you will see these new breeds of humans will in fact be true double threats.

    We will soon see some god like QB's doing it all.
    Last edited by Harooni; 02-04-2013 at 03:21 PM.

  9. #119
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    i respectfully disagree, in the future you will see these new breed of humans will in fact be true double threats.

    We will soon see some god like QB's doing it all.
    I think you're right on that.
    The most athletic kids weren't playing QB before. they were RB's, WR's, DB's etc.....
    Now these kids in highschool with great athleticism are playing QB. So the pipeline is being filed with these kinds of kids.
    There are going to be a lot more athletic QB's in the NFL over the next 10 years.
    Get well soon 80.

  10. #120
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    "I test how other people deal with reality"
    Posts
    59,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That seems to be the case.
    Someone might want to take note that Kaepernick threw for 300 yards last night and made some great throws.
    this is exactly why i do not like when some say "oh he is a running QB" because it discredits that QB as a passer.

    all QB's are passers. that is the position.

    Flacco and kap for example are both hybrids. now one is younger and faster and may go to the run option more but that is nether here nor there.

    Fans like to think Flacco is a pocket passer as they define it but its not correct.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts