+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    All-Pro
    Think Luck will have more success than any of them. Maybe Newton after him. They have good arms and the size to take the hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think you're right on that.
    The most athletic kids weren't playing QB before. they were RB's, WR's, DB's etc.....
    Now these kids in highschool with great athleticism are playing QB. So the pipeline is being filed with these kinds of kids.
    There are going to be a lot more athletic QB's in the NFL over the next 10 years.
    right on!!!

I will go as far as to say after 5 years no Slow heavy footed QB's will win any SB's anymore.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    right on!!!

I will go as far as to say after 5 years no Slow heavy footed QB's will win any SB's anymore.
    no more mannings lol

this is exactly why i do not like when some say "oh he is a running QB" because it discredits that QB as a passer.

all QB's are passers. that is the position.

Flacco and kap for example are both hybrids. now one is younger and faster and may go to the run option more but that is nether here nor there.

Fans like to think Flacco is a pocket passer as they define it but its not correct.
    It is certainly true that in the past, running QB's tended not to be as strong passers, starting with guys like Bobby Douglas. Even Vick is a lousy pocket passer despite his strong arm. But there is no reason these new kids can't be great passers because they are already showing it. Kaepernick made so tremendous throws last night. Wilson also has a great ability as a pocket passer.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro
    right on!!!I will go as far as to say after 5 years no Slow heavy footed QB's will win any SB's anymore.
    Depend on what system the team runs. The quickest way to get down the field is through the air. If a team stays with a pocket passer and has the tools for it to work it will never get old. If they build a team for the newer wave of offenses they will of course need a different type of QB.

I'll second that. What these guys have shown is that being strictly a pocket passer isn't the only way to win. It didn't show that the days of the pocket passer are numbered.
    Mobile QB, option-read QB, pistol formation QB, spread Off. QB, pocket QB, stationary flat footed QB, you name it, its the job of the " so called experts " trying to define each and one of them but the most intricate and important aspect of a QB is what many experts and scouts define as the IT factor, either you have IT or you don't have IT.
    In the words of Ol Ernie,
    Ernie Accorsi's Scouting Report of Eli Manning
    Maryland Giant : 1/16/2012 8:24 am
    On November 2, 2002, then Giants GM, Ernie Accorsi, went to an Auburn-Mississippi game to scout Eli Manning. Accorsi hand wrote his non-traditional scouting report and then went home and typed it up in all caps and presented it to the Giants scouting team.

Below is his summary that came at the end of the report. Notice that there is not a single bit of statistical evidence or combine type crap. Just the analysis of a real pro.

Ernie nailed it. All hail Ernie.

"Most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it Magic. As Bobby Boyd told me once about Unitas, 'Two things set him apart: His left testicle and his right testicle.'...We should move up to take him. These guys are rare you know.

There you go, enough said, THE IT FACTOR is what defines a true winner.

It is certainly true that in the past, running QB's tended not to be as strong passers, starting with guys like Bobby Douglas. Even Vick is a lousy pocket passer despite his strong arm. But there is no reason these new kids can't be great passers because they are already showing it. Kaepernick made so tremendous throws last night. Wilson also has a great ability as a pocket passer.
    correct i blame Vick for making fast qb's look bad throwing the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Mobile QB, option-read QB, pistol formation QB, spread Off. QB, pocket QB, stationary flat footed QB, you name it, its the job of the " so called experts " trying to define each and one of them but the most intricate and important aspect of a QB is what many experts and scouts define as the IT factor, either you have IT or you don't have IT.
    In the words of Ol Ernie,
    Ernie Accorsi's Scouting Report of Eli Manning
    Maryland Giant : 1/16/2012 8:24 am
    On November 2, 2002, then Giants GM, Ernie Accorsi, went to an Auburn-Mississippi game to scout Eli Manning. Accorsi hand wrote his non-traditional scouting report and then went home and typed it up in all caps and presented it to the Giants scouting team.

Below is his summary that came at the end of the report. Notice that there is not a single bit of statistical evidence or combine type crap. Just the analysis of a real pro.

Ernie nailed it. All hail Ernie.

"Most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it Magic. As Bobby Boyd told me once about Unitas, 'Two things set him apart: His left testicle and his right testicle.'...We should move up to take him. These guys are rare you know.

There you go, enough said, THE IT FACTOR is what defines a true winner.
    I remember them saying the same about Mark Sanchez. That he was the "alpha male" factor. He has "IT".

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I remember them saying the same about Mark Sanchez. That he was the "alpha male" factor. He has "IT".
    Obviously he doesn't have IT bro. Even his mentor and coach Pete Carroll said many time to him and he had deaf-ears imploring Mark to stay in college because he was an " unfinished product " .

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Obviously he doesn't have IT bro. Even his mentor and coach Pete Carroll said many time to him and he had deaf-ears imploring Mark to stay in college because he was an " unfinished product " .
    These things aren't obvious until you suit up and play a bit in the NFL.
    There have been many QB's who teams hoped and believed had "IT", and didn't. And I'm sure many teams thought a guy like Brady didn't have 'IT" at all.

"IT" is hard to identify.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi