+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: more mobile QB the wave of the future ,Giants must seek next

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    they have designed running plays?? Ben and Flacco....???

ahhh....ok I guess.....

they both do , now it might be less than some rg3 and kap guys but they do have option and designed running plays.

FYI Eli cant even run a qb sneak.

I'm sorry, but since when do the Giants follow trends set by other teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post

they both do , now it might be less than some rg3 and kap guys but they do have option and designed running plays.

Just because Ben might have 10 or so designed runs a season doesn't make him a hybrid, nor even really say that it's a significant part of their offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Just because Ben might have 10 or so designed runs a season doesn't make him a hybrid, nor even really say that it's a significant part of their offense.
    as i said the capabilty is there its not about how much you use it .

as i tell my wife

Flacco? He is a classic drop back passer like Eli.

as i said the capabilty is there its not about how much you use it .

as i tell my wife
    First off...I think we all assume that "wife" is in quotes. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Secondly...I think that your logic is flawed. Are you saying that if the Giants had a potential Tom Brady available, they should pass on him because there is a need for a QB to have the ability to be mobile?

That's crazy talk.

But if you are saying that, if all things are equal, pick the QB who is more mobile, then at least it's a defensible position.
    I may think it's wrong, but defensible.

Thirdly, the "wave of the future" is at best a statistical anomaly. The fact that 2012 draft class had 3 QB's who fit your description does not mean that the class of 2013 (or 2014) will have any QB's that fit your description.

Or that the wave of the future will sweep the league.
    Or that it will be proven successful long term.
    Or that teams are saying anything more than "we need a tighter game plan against these guys"

Last wave of the future QB I remember was Cam Newton, and if you stopped watching football after the last SB, you just assumed that Newton won this one because he was unstoppable.
    This space for rent

Ben is not a mobile QB.... he is just big and hard to bring down. He is also hurt almost every season and he should probably be in prison. RGIII has proven what poor coaching can do to a great player. The Shanahans have severely jeopardized his career with all the run schemes they have him involved with.

Another flaw with this OP's POV is that he neglects to count for the fact defenses will evolve and be able to defend scrambling QBs in thei division more efficiently. Also, age and injuries creeps up on these guys much faster, and the next thing you know, they are drop back passers.

Give me a quality QB that can move around in the pocket to buy time, can read defenses, make correct adjustments at the LOS, and deliver an accurate ball.... Those are the guys who will continue to win Championships.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    Ben is not a mobile QB.... he is just big and hard to bring down. He is also hurt almost every season and he should probably be in prison. RGIII has proven what poor coaching can do to a great player. The Shanahans have severely jeopardized his career with all the run schemes they have him involved with.

Another flaw with this OP's POV is that he neglects to count for the fact defenses will evolve and be able to defend scrambling QBs in thei division more efficiently. Also, age and injuries creeps up on these guys much faster, and the next thing you know, they are drop back passers.

Give me a quality QB that can move around in the pocket to buy time, can read defenses, make correct adjustments at the LOS, and deliver an accurate ball.... Those are the guys who will continue to win Championships.
    Ben's not a running QB but he certainly is a mobile QB.
    And you have to let go of this "Ben should be in prison" rap. You weren't there and you have no idea what did or didn't happen.
    Get well soon 80.

ehh....Ben and Flacco are still not hybrids.....IMO.
    if you think they are then so be it....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Banned
    I didn't read this whole thread, sorry but here's my short input. With what I did read I do tend to agree that eventually all QB's must develop into more of a pocket passer to not only win a championship but to also prolong their career. I don't think I would want a run first type QB like Vick but I wouldn't mind to have a guy who has scrambling abilities... meaning one who can escape the pocket if a play breaks down. Someone like a Geno Smith fits that mold... I like Johnny Manziel but I think he's a run first type and might get hurt in the NFL.

I wouldn't like a QB who's inaccurate or doesn't at least go through his reads before trying to take off unless the play is designed. I think when some of us say mobile QB's some of you guys get us confused. In years past, most scrambling QB's didn't win the big game because coaches didn't know how to use em right. Imagine a young Vick in the option offense, he probably would've been more effective.

+ Reply to Thread