+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: more mobile QB the wave of the future ,Giants must seek next

I'd just like to see the Giants take the backup QB job as a real concern. I don't think it would be THAT hard to find a rookie who can outplay Carr at this point. It would take an effort on the Giants' behalf, but it could be done.

We always look at qbs as human first. We have had qbs like RG3 before in Steve Young, Randle Cunningham and there may have been others. Yes the NFL will always be a drop back qb cause even the ones that run will drop back and pass the ball.

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    its not black and white anymore. Flacco is quite mobile buys plenty of extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    its not black and white anymore. Flacco is quite mobile buys plenty of extra time.
    so does eli...he has a knack for just sliding around in the pocket or stepping up to avoid pressure,,,he wasnt the least sacked QB in the league because our OL is stellar,,he doesnt need to be RG111 or anyone else.

its obvious the hybrid guys who are a true double threat like RG3,Kapernick Big ben, Flacco . these guys are not scramblers but true hybrid beings using todays modern technology to win Superbowls.

we can't get stuck in a stone aged old fashion one way to skin a cat thinking process.
    I missed you when you mention Big Ben and Flacco. In no way shape or form this 4 are in the same category. Respectfully I disagree. How can you compare RG3, Kap vs. Ben and Flacco ? That's just plain wrong. In fact you are contradicting yourself. Flacco and Ben are mobile in the pocket kind of QB but are " true " pocket QBs. RG and Kap ? Just the opposite. Ben and Flacco and for that matter Eli have won multiple SB and the mobile hybrid QB haven't won since Steve Young won just one lousy SB ? I don't get it.
    Last edited by G-Men Surg.; 02-04-2013 at 04:38 AM.

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I miss you when you mention Big Ben and Flacco. In no way shape or form this 4 are in the same category. Respectfully I disagree. How can you compare RG3, Kap vs. Ben and Flacco ? That's just plain wrong. In fact you are contradicting yourself. Flacco and Ben are mobile in the pocket kind of QB but are " true " pocket QBs. RG and Kap ? Just the opposite. Ben and Flacco and for that matter Eli have won multiple SB and the mobile hybrid QB haven't won since Steve Young won just one lousy SB ? I don't get it.
    "hybrid" is how define ben and flacco. not just "truepocket passers. " and also kap and rg3 are not "true running QB's "

like i said many of you are stuck in the 90's 00's

and yes pocket passers have won more SB's then 2 rookies. lol

The wildcat is the future!!

"hybrid" is how define ben and flacco. not just "truepocket passers. " and also kap and rg3 are not "true running QB's "

Two rookies and Steve Young and Frank Tarkenton and Michael Vick and the list goes on and on.
    Dont kid yourselve bro, Flacco and Ben are pocket QB any way you spin it around. RG3 and Kap are read-option QB. Can this kids have success in the near future? maybe but until they don't win and win consistency there is no room for discussion.
    You do realize how hard is to run the option when your QB gets older and slower, right. How many years do you think they can keep running this kind of O? You do realize the danger this QBs face every week ? Just ask Michael Vick and RG3. But if your definition of " hybrid " is more athletic and mobile then yes I don't have any beef against that.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Yes, Kaepernick can run fast and throw far. Today his throwing ability lost the game for the 9ers. (Good). He was well off the mark for a lot of the game. His feet helped the team, no doubt, but his feet could not make up for his throwing errors. You have to remember, speed is growing on defense as well as at QB. The Ravens have a very slow linebacking corps. Fast linebackers are growing in number as well. To even mention Rothlisberger in the same sentence as other "mobile" QBs is off the mark IMO. He is so maimed he can barely walk anymore. Flaco can advance the ball if he has to, but they rarely design run plays for him. You may see Griffin be more like Flaco after his 1st year of injuries as well. Kaepernick is just the latest media doll. He made a big splash playing 1/2 a season and attracting the inked up crowd and the Maynard G Krebs goatee fans. Before we go crapping our pants over these rookies, let's see if they can put a couple winning seasons together. How's Cam Newton and Carolina doing? It takes a lot more than a fast QB to sustain a winning franchise.

...Both have a place. Always have and always will. Just because one type wins a SB one year doesn't make it a "trend" that others must follow.

+ Reply to Thread