+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: more mobile QB the wave of the future ,Giants must seek next

Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    I'd just like to see the Giants take the backup QB job as a real concern. I don't think it would be THAT hard to find a rookie who can outplay Carr at this point. It would take an effort on the Giants' behalf, but it could be done.
    We did that a few years ago, can't remember their names at the moment, but in between Lorenzen and Carr we had 3 or 4 QB projects and they're all gone now, aren't they?
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 02-04-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    thats cold. but the guy like kapernick can flat out pass the ball on target. lets not forget his 4 ints last season.
    I agree in prnciple, but teams have to put a short leash on these QB's who are great passers and can run. Vick is a shell of what he cold have been, RG III is dealing with yet another ACL/LCL problem and MAY be ready for the regular season. That will reduce his future asking price. Common sense needs to apply or the QB who prefers to run isn't gong to be any more effective than the once dreaded wildcat
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

How about getting a black QB first?
    Good teams win games, Great teams cover the spread!

Guys like Kaep will eventually win the SB. More and more of these mobile types continue to come out of college and it'll only be a matter of time. Colin did a fine (not great) job in the SB and if you're being honest with yourself, the 49ers "world class" defense should get the lion's share of the blame. Wasn't this supposed to be the best defense in the NFL?

All-Pro
    It does seem the game is changing but what happens when these guys get banged up? As we see more and more mobile QB's we will also see more and more of them get banged up.

All-Pro
    Still, the quickest way to get the ball downfield is through the air.

It WAS the pocket passer who won the SB.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It WAS the pocket passer who won the SB.
    Yeah I'm not sure what Harooni saw last night from Flacco to call him a hybrid. You would have to be a threat to pick up good yardage with your legs to be deemed that. Ultimately though, none of this was the reason the 49ers lost or the Ravens won. One team was just more prepared to handle the spotlight and that experience paid off in the end.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure what Harooni saw last night from Flacco to call him a hybrid. You would have to be a threat to pick up good yardage with your legs to be deemed that. Ultimately though, none of this was the reason the 49ers lost or the Ravens won. One team was just more prepared to handle the spotlight and that experience paid off in the end.
    Flacco can move though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Flacco can move though.
    Compared to Eli, everyone can move. I wouldn't say avoiding pass rushers behind the LoS makes one a hybrid QB.

+ Reply to Thread