+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 174
  1. #31
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,583
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Compared to Eli, everyone can move. I wouldn't say avoiding pass rushers behind the LoS makes one a hybrid QB.
    No, but he actually can move. Not like the newer wave of QB's, but he doesn't just lumber out of the pocket for a 1 yard gain and slide either.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    No, but he actually can move. Not like the newer wave of QB's, but he doesn't just lumber out of the pocket for a 1 yard gain and slide either.
    No one is afraid of Flacco's "mobility". You don't factor him rushing down the field for 10+ yard chunks when you gameplan your defense against him. You have to be able to pick up significant yardage on the ground to be in that hybrid category. If anything, Flacco is a really well built QB with a tall frame that can absorb damage well and has the arm to make any throws from the pocket.

  3. #33
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,583
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    No one is afraid of Flacco's "mobility". You don't factor him rushing down the field for 10+ yard chunks when you gameplan your defense against him. You have to be able to pick up significant yardage on the ground to be in that hybrid category. If anything, Flacco is a really well built QB with a tall frame that can absorb damage well and has the arm to make any throws from the pocket.
    No, you don't expect him o burn you with his legs, but he is not a statue either.

  4. #34
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,583
    Look, he does prefer the pocket, no doubt. Just saying he can run if needed and looks natural doing it.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Look, he does prefer the pocket, no doubt. Just saying he can run if needed and looks natural doing it.
    Flacco can't run are you kidding me? Runners get you chunks of yards like Kaeps did yesterday. QB need to be mobile in the pocket. They need excellent pocket awareness. They don't always have to think about running for big gains. Flacco showed some pocket presence last night, but he did not show any running ability. LOL what game did you watch

  6. #36
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Look, he does prefer the pocket, no doubt. Just saying he can run if needed and looks natural doing it.
    With this I agree. He's very good in the pocket and can create time to throw. He's not looking to run for yards really, but he's can get around in the pocket.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  7. #37
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    its obvious the hybrid guys who are a true double threat like RG3,Kapernick Big ben, Flacco . these guys are not scramblers but true hybrid beings using todays modern technology to win Superbowls.

    we can't get stuck in a stone aged old fashion one way to skin a cat thinking process.
    Ha . . . is that Eric the Midget with Artie?

  8. #38
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,873
    To deal with the OP's point. I would say what guys like Kaepernick and Russell Wilson have shown, is that being a pocket passer is no longer the only way to win.
    You can have a QB who can and will run the football, and have a very dynamic offense.
    That doesn't mean you can't win just as well as always with a pocket passer.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    To deal with the OP's point. I would say what guys like Kaepernick and Russell Wilson have shown, is that being a pocket passer is no longer the only way to win.
    This isn't a knock on the two QB but what exactly have they won?? Until one wins a SB they haven't shown us anything.

  10. #40
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,873
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    This isn't a knock on the two QB but what exactly have they won?? Until one wins a SB they haven't shown us anything.
    They have shown us plenty. To deny this or to place the standard that they "have to win a SB" is ridiculous.
    Right now. SF, Seattle and Washington (with a healthy RG) have better offenses than ours.
    The only thing that hurt Kaepernick and SF last night was his inexperience. Other than that, he was lights out.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts