+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: more mobile QB the wave of the future ,Giants must seek next

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    One of the QB's was gonna be on the losing team, but there is a big difference between saying a guy lost and a guy had a bad game.

Kap looked great in the pocket and great on the move; just ended up on the wrong side of the equation.
    That's my point.
    For some posters to say that if a guy can run the ball, he can't win a SB, is silly. They seem to think that running ability is a substitute for the ability to throw the ball. Well Kaepernick proved that he can do both. And Wilson has as well.
    These guys are scary to defend.
    As I said before, the only think that kept SF from being the champs was Kaepernick's inexperience, because the kid can flat play.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well that's a ridiculous standard.
    If the Seahawks had adopted that standard they wouldn't have drafted Russell Wilson. The game is changing. There is now more than one way to skin a cat in the NFL.
    Mobile QB's, even running QB's can win in this league. All this means is that both can be successful.
    If NFL GM's need a "SB win" to identify legitimate trends (like you suggest) the league would be stuck in a world of "3 yards and a cloud of dust".
    If the standard in the NFL is to win a SB then how is that ridiculous? Maybe Seattle wants to use Wilson more in the pocket like they already showed us. He didn't run nearly as much as Kaep. or Rg3 and was still very successful.

All-Pro
    Newton might have the best chance of success.

I agree Flacco didn't demonstrate his wheels much but he certainly has them. what he did do a lot was buy loads of extra time to get guys open.

Now lets say Kap had a Giants defense that could hold a team under 21 points , you tell me he doesn't win???

i agree with morehead that Kap was a young rookie and his first SB you get a bit nervous but still was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post

*How you jammed Ben and Flacco into that group I'll never know.
    why wouldnt I consider them hybrids??? they have designed running plays also. when you guys talk about "running qb's" it makes it seem they can't pass . i am telling you the wave of the future QB's can do both, and that is hard to defend.
    Last edited by Harooni; 02-04-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    its obvious the hybrid guys who are a true double threat like RG3,Kapernick Big ben, Flacco . these guys are not scramblers but true hybrid beings using todays modern technology to win Superbowls.

we can't get stuck in a stone aged old fashion one way to skin a cat thinking process.
    I fail to see how Flacco and RG3 are even remotely similar

Flacco isn't a statue, but he's not a runner either..

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I fail to see how Flacco and RG3 are even remotely similar

fans forget Flacco can run also (not as fast as RG3 but still mobile)
    Last edited by Harooni; 02-04-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Agreed. Another good example as to why these "hybrid" qbs arent the future was the throw from Flacco to Jones. Once the pocket started collapsing, Flacco moved forward to escape the pressure, kept his eyes glued down field and hit Jones for a huge play and the td. A mobile QB usually scramble at the first sign of the pocket collapsing. Not something you always want in a QB.
    That's an interesting point, never thought of that really

All QB's can run.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

+ Reply to Thread