+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 174

Thread: more mobile QB the wave of the future ,Giants must seek next

  1. #71
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    58,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    All QB's can run.
    lol you never see eli/peyton have a run like 11 seconds into that video.

  2. #72
    All-Pro egyptian420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    11,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post


    fans forget Flacco can run also (not as fast as RG3 but still mobile)
    dezzzr made a point already about that play to Jones where the pocket collapsed and Flacco stepped into it and bombed it to Jones, I can't say with certainty what RG3 would've done but I would bet he rushes on that play.

    RG3 also plays in a totally different system that caters to his athleticism. I don't see Flacco in a pistol formation faking 9/10 handoffs and running with it. Most of the time Flacco runs is when he's trapped and has no other option, where as most of RG3's runs are actually run plays designed for him.

  3. #73
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    To deal with the OP's point. I would say what guys like Kaepernick and Russell Wilson have shown, is that being a pocket passer is no longer the only way to win.
    You can have a QB who can and will run the football, and have a very dynamic offense.
    That doesn't mean you can't win just as well as always with a pocket passer.
    Agree.
    I respect what Harooni is trying to get across but I don't agree with his last statement. We are not going to be stuck in stone age if we don't get into the program with a " hybrid " QB.

  4. #74
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,502
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    +1
    + 2 !

  5. #75
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    lol you never see eli/peyton have a run like 11 seconds into that video.
    Ok so Joe can run faster than Eli and Peyton, that still doesnt make them running QB's or hybrid QB's.

  6. #76
    I'd say that Flacco would need a better YPA average than 2.1 to actually be considered some sort of serious running threat.

  7. #77
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    58,207
    guys like ben and flacco also have designed running plays and options to run. now some may do more or less than say an RG3 or Kap but thats not the point. the point is the future is guys that can do both. even if Flacco doesnt use it in any particular game the capability is there. And as a young QB gets better passing and ages a bit he will most likely pass more and i expect RG3 to do the same.

    Now you can either fold your arms and be stubborn or embrace the fact that the future is the double threat.
    Last edited by Harooni; 02-04-2013 at 12:03 PM.

  8. #78
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    58,207
    Days of collins and bledsoe are over , lead footed golems are not going to win anymore.

    move in the athletic QB that can do both.

  9. #79
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,948
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    If the standard in the NFL is to win a SB then how is that ridiculous? Maybe Seattle wants to use Wilson more in the pocket like they already showed us. He didn't run nearly as much as Kaep. or Rg3 and was still very successful.
    I'm not sold on RGIII because he hasn't shown that he is a quality pocket passer. Both Wilson and Kaepernick have.

    And I can't stand the simplistic view that you have to win a SB to prove anything. It takes teams to win a SB. Trust me, Dan Marino didn't suck.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    Now you can either fold your arms and be stubborn or embrass the fact that the future is the double threat.
    But Flacco isn't a double threat haha. You're my bro Harooni but he would need to be more consistent on his 201 attempts to qualify for the group. He has had two really nice deep runs but would you say that Eli is a physical runner because he shoulder plowed that one Packers defender this year?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts