+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Championship caliber O-Line

Its crystal clear guys. There's no new secret to unveil. The controversy about the mobile QB being the next generation of QB in the league comes every year and in every generation. To this date and until we see the " hybrid " QB win and in a consistent fashion the QB equation will remain the same. To build a championship team the foundation remains the same, you built it inside out and for that matter the O-line is the most improtant intricate part. Lets not kid ourselves, we can have issues and many holes to fill at D but until the O-line isn't fix and taken care of we are not going back to the big dance again.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Its crystal clear guys. There's no new secret to unveil. The controversy about the mobile QB being the next generation of QB in the league comes every year and in every generation. To this date and until we see the " hybrid " QB win and in a consistent fashion the QB equation will remain the same. To build a championship team the foundation remains the same, you built it inside out and for that matter the O-line is the most improtant intricate part. Lets not kid ourselves, we can have issues and many holes to fill at D but until the O-line isn't fix and taken care of we are not going back to the big dance again.
    O-Line? It seems that Coughlin is happy to have turnstiles like DD. Do not get your hopes up because even if they draft O-line, Coughlin will make sure that they are sitting on the bench until they are "NFL ready".

If Womack falls to us at 19, it'll be a great day for the Giants organization. Yes, to build a team you build them through the trenches. We are not that far off to retooling our O and Dline's.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    O-Line? It seems that Coughlin is happy to have turnstiles like DD. Do not get your hopes up because even if they draft O-line, Coughlin will make sure that they are sitting on the bench until they are "NFL ready".

Its a no-brainer. Go back the years you wish and the constant in every championship team is a solid O-line, heck you can win with QBs like Dilfer and Brad Johnson at the helm but behind a solid O-line. I'm not stating something outrageous or nothing new bro just a fact. The Giants have a lot of work to do not having our LT under contract as well as the LG. We have an aging RG going under the knife this offseason, our RT is in his last year of contract and playing with little left in the tank . And there's Baas, could he anchor the line, maybe but he is not the dominant player we need or the answer for the future. I see a lot of question marks all thru out the O-line and I don't like it one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    If Womack falls to us at 19, it'll be a great day for the Giants organization. Yes, to build a team you build them through the trenches. We are not that far off to retooling our O and Dline's.
    Plain and simple, that's the first line and foundation of a team, the spinal cord, the lines. We are in cap hell this year and it doesn't get any easier in years come, it seems like the safer way to go is to rebuilt our lines thru the draft specially our O-line.

I agree we need to work on the O Line; however, I don't think we are in as dire straights as some may think. Resign Beatty maybe a little help from FA and the draft and we will be in pretty good shape. Diehl was really the issue last year.

The Giants won XLVI with a bad o-line. It can be done.

The Oline was actually playing very well when the Giants won XLVI. And I whole-heartedly agree that Oline is the biggest problem that needs to be addressed this offseason.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The Giants won XLVI with a bad o-line. It can be done.
    as Chris Rock once said:

"you can drive your car with your feet if you want to, it doesn't make it a good f'ing idea"...........

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Its a no-brainer. Go back the years you wish and the constant in every championship team is a solid O-line, heck you can win with QBs like Dilfer and Brad Johnson at the helm but behind a solid O-line. I'm not stating something outrageous or nothing new bro just a fact. The Giants have a lot of work to do not having our LT under contract as well as the LG. We have an aging RG going under the knife this offseason, our RT is in his last year of contract and playing with little left in the tank . And there's Baas, could he anchor the line, maybe but he is not the dominant player we need or the answer for the future. I see a lot of question marks all thru out the O-line and I don't like it one bit.
    Don't get me wrong. I agree with you that we need an O-line. But if you expect it to happen through the draft, and have those players make an impact is not going to happen because of the head stooge's attitude towards rookies.