+ Reply to Thread

Flacco's 3rd and short pass essentially ensured the SB win...

What does this have to do with Giants football? Well, the mentality to pass on 3rd and short was questioned throughout the year. I just found it fitting, that in the ultimate "run it on 3rd and 1" situation, the Ravens checked to a pass and threw it, which lead to the fg differential that decided the game...

Granted, had that pass been incomplete, the decision there would be questioned forever. But the way I see it, its kind of like going for it on 4th and short late in the game when you are already ahead by a fg or smething. You're essentially trying to grab victory by the horns instead of letting the decision of who wins/loses come down to fate...

what did some of u guys who dont like our mentalityof passing on 3rd and short feel about the ravens doing it in a pivotal moment?

i found it interesting they went to that particular pass play in that situation that we always use, that backshoulder fade
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 02-05-2013 at 03:34 AM.

How about 49's play calling on their final drive after Gore brought it down to the 7 yard line. Gore was running right through them at that point, why not keep it on the ground? Especially with the raven's blitzing and keeping their receivers covered 1 on 1.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    How about 49's play calling on their final drive after Gore brought it down to the 7 yard line. Gore was running right through them at that point, why not keep it on the ground? Especially with the raven's blitzing and keeping their receivers covered 1 on 1.
    Like an article I read somewhere said, Jim Harbaugh turned into Andy Reid.

They did the same thing in the NFC Championship game last year. I turned to by dad before the end of the 4th and said "They're gonna run it down our throats to win it." Then, to my surprise, they had Smith throw and we all know what happened in OT. I don't know why they don't take advantage of that run game when it behooves them. Odd to say the least.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    I had really wondered about that too, didn't understand it.

i think they were going to run it when they had to call that time out. they ran a complete different formation outta that time out and passed out of it...i didnt like how they only ran it once either, especially the type of run play it was, against a balt team that didnt have Ngata in...