+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Tiki Barber is doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on reddit

  1. #1

    Tiki Barber is doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on reddit


  2. #2
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,702
    LOL ! The things some ex-players have to do to earn a buck.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    LOL ! The things some ex-players have to do to earn a buck.
    Not really. It's pretty cool of him to take time out of his day to answer literally any questions the fans feel like asking him.

    Celebrities do it all the time. Athletes, Actors/Directors, Presidential candidates, and even the sitting president himself has done more than one...

  4. #4
    All-Pro Carter.525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omaha!, NJ
    Posts
    9,081
    Tiki:

    who is your favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle..?

  5. #5
    Veteran Giantz4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York State of Mind
    Posts
    3,957
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Not really. It's pretty cool of him to take time out of his day to answer literally any questions the fans feel like asking him.

    Celebrities do it all the time. Athletes, Actors/Directors, Presidential candidates, and even the sitting president himself has done more than one...
    The best AMA was Arnold Schwarzenegger...He actually hand wrote his responses out and took pictures lol.

    Reddit is the reason most of the times I start procrastinating when it comes to getting school work done.

    Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

  6. #6
    I'll give him credit, he's answering everything Eli related very well. I especially liked this question and answer:

    []musical_stampede 13 points 1 hour ago
    Hey Tiki, thanks a lot for doing this. How often do you think about what could have been if you retired a year later? You were obviously still effective on the field, making it to the Pro Bowl.
    permalink

    []tikibarber[S] 48 points 1 hour ago
    Not very often. I feel I was already moving forward in my professional life, and honestly, I'm not sure the Giants would have won the Super Bowl if I were still there.

    People put so much emphasis on me not being there, rather than where it belongs - with Eli ascending to such a great player/leader late in the year. I'm not sure that would have happened if I were still there from a team dynamics standpoint.

  7. #7
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,702
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Not really. It's pretty cool of him to take time out of his day to answer literally any questions the fans feel like asking him.

    Celebrities do it all the time. Athletes, Actors/Directors, Presidential candidates, and even the sitting president himself has done more than one...
    Lol, I'm just joking bro and pulling Tiki's leg.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    The best AMA was Arnold Schwarzenegger...He actually hand wrote his responses out and took pictures lol.

    Reddit is the reason most of the times I start procrastinating when it comes to getting school work done.
    I was actually going to mention the governators but wasn't sure enough people here would understand. But yea, lol his was awesome.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    I'll give him credit, he's answering everything Eli related very well. I especially liked this question and answer:

    [–]musical_stampede 13 points 1 hour ago
    Hey Tiki, thanks a lot for doing this. How often do you think about what could have been if you retired a year later? You were obviously still effective on the field, making it to the Pro Bowl.
    permalink

    [–]tikibarber[S] 48 points 1 hour ago
    Not very often. I feel I was already moving forward in my professional life, and honestly, I'm not sure the Giants would have won the Super Bowl if I were still there.

    People put so much emphasis on me not being there, rather than where it belongs - with Eli ascending to such a great player/leader late in the year. I'm not sure that would have happened if I were still there from a team dynamics standpoint.
    Yeah he answered mine in like 2 minutes.

  10. #10

    Tiki Barber "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit

    Cool thread on reddit today: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...areer_rushing/

    Some interesting questions/answers:

    "Question: As a RB, Who is the single defensive player you used to actively try to avoid out on the field?

    []tikibarber[S] 219 points 1 hour ago
    Jeremiah Trotter. We played each other so much and knew each other so well that when he hit me, he hit me hard. But he'd also help me up and sometimes tickle me under the pile.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Question: Heh Tiki, lifelong Giants fan, loved you when you were playing and got over the Eli comments after SB42. My question is what do you think you can do to repair the relationship between you and the Giants fans who are still upset over said Eli comments? Besides time of course.

    []tikibarber[S] 36 points 1 hour ago
    What can I say? I admitted I was wrong, wasn't a personal attack, was doing my job giving commentary...I played for the Giants my entire career and will always root for the Giants.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Question: Hey Tiki, thanks a lot for doing this. How often do you think about what could have been if you retired a year later? You were obviously still effective on the field, making it to the Pro Bowl.

    []tikibarber[S] 124 points 1 hour ago
    Not very often. I feel I was already moving forward in my professional life, and honestly, I'm not sure the Giants would have won the Super Bowl if I were still there.
    People put so much emphasis on me not being there, rather than where it belongs - with Eli ascending to such a great player/leader late in the year. I'm not sure that would have happened if I were still there from a team dynamics standpoint.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Question: Do you and Eli Manning have a positive relationship? You called him out after you retired and he won a Super Bowl the next year, something that you were never able to do.

    []tikibarber[S] 178 points 2 hours ago
    Yes, actually Eli and I get along great. I expressed an opinion about Eli that I was wrong about. Get over it. He did!

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Question: When was the moment you realized you wanted to retire?

    []tikibarber[S] 60 points 1 hour ago
    Almost did after Wellington Mara and Bob Tisch passed away in 2005. Then after Eagles game, second week in 2006, I realized physically I couldn't do it much longer. I didn't want to be broken down at 40."

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    click the link above to read more!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts