+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: titus young released

Tom Coughlin would want no part of Titus Young.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I think that we would pay him 5 years $35M with $15M guaranteed today.
    Not likely possible with Nicks now ahead in the financial pecking order. That may just be posturing on Reese's part, but they let it leak so it's now on the table.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Cruz is a guy like Welker
    Then why don't they just sign Welker?
    They know what he can do in that system.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well he is going to be 32 before the start of next season. Might not want to invest so much money into a player that is physically limited in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Well he is going to be 32 before the start of next season. Might not want to invest so much money into a player that is physically limited in the first place.
    That's true but he has been tremendously durable.

They are probably tired of the drops in huge spots.
    Get well soon 80.

That's true but he has been tremendously durable.

They are probably tired of the drops in huge spots.
    They could always take a mid round draft pick on a slot guy. I imagine if they do make use of their large cap space, they'd go for defensive players. Isn't Talib a FA now anyway?

I wouldn't take this problem child for "FREE".....he needs help. He obvioulsy has mental/social issue....big time.

a partial from and ESPN page;

Hindsight is always 20-20, but it seems clear Mayhew underestimated the character issues that all teams were aware of prior to the 2011 draft. Young had been suspended in 2008 for behavior issues, and it wasn't difficult to find an NFL personnel man who privately expressed concern about his personality quirks.

Young's implosion included acts of violence and insubordination that you don't often see, even in a rough-and-tumble industry. His primary and known offenses -- sucker punching safety Louis Delmas last spring and reportedly lining up in the wrong position intentionally last December -- are not just examples of immaturity. They are signs of a troubled soul who isn't equipped at this point in his life of functioning in the NFL's high-pressure world.

I hope he spends some time getting his life together before pursuing a new NFL team. Last month's bizarre set of tweets suggested Young has much work left to do. Those of you who have been asking if the Minnesota Vikings, or any other team, should claim him are missing how serious of a situation he is in.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I wonder if the Patriots would give up a first for Cruz with Welker being a free agent. Cruz would nicely fill the void if they released Welker and Cruz is younger and has been durable. The Pats have close to $20M in CAP to play with.
    Nah, the Pats don't have a first round pick this year, although I'm not sure of the rules surrounding the usage of future picks in RFA acquisitions.

Danny Amendola will also be available and is probably closer to Welker than Cruz in terms of skill-set. He'll be cheaper, too.

Age and he's been a little less reliable I'm hearing
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

+ Reply to Thread