+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Pats have won 0 Super Bowls in 9 years, but...

The Giants have 2 in 5 years. The Pats are considered a dynasty and the Giants aren't. I don't think 2 in 5 years a dynasty, but 0 in 9 isn't either. Sorry for the topic, but I live near Foxboro, MA and these Pats fans still think they're the champs.

Pats don't currently have one, but they did when they won 3 of 4. I don't know why a comparison to one team has to validate the other. Pats are perennial contenders in position to make the bowl almost every year albeit with a usually easier road. Giants like to climb the mountain, then nosedive to the canyon in between season.

All-Pro
    I don't like the Pats anymore than anyone else on this forum, but you have to give respect to the record they have had under Belichick since 2000, they haven't had a losing season! Yes, ultimately rings are all that matter, and the Giants are the ones the prevented the Pats from getting two rings in their last two appearances, but few teams have been so dominant consistently for such a long period of time. This record is the very definition of dynasty, in my opinion.

2001 11-5 Super Bowl Champions
    2002 9-7
    2003 14-2 Super Bowl Champions
    2004 14-2 Super Bowl Champions
    2005 10-6
    2006 12-4
    2007 16-0 AFC Champions
    2008 11-5
    2009 10-6
    2010 14-2
    2011 13-3 AFC Champions
    2012 12-4
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Lightbulb

The record is great, but no longer a dynasty. If the Pats get credit towards there dynasty for great regular seasons and losing two Super Bowls. The Bills of the 90's should be considered a dynasty using that logic. 4 Super Bowl appearances in 4 years with stellar regular seasons.

The bottom line is they can't get the job done when it counts. They turne into an eArly to mid 2000's Colt team they mocked. The Pats fans were ready to jump down Peyton's throat when Denver lost to Baltimore. Now when Brady loses to Baltimore he still clutch. Plus since spygate they have 0 titles.

Look at their resume from 2001 onward.
    The Super Bowls might not be there anymore, but are constantly in the hunt.

that Bills team was a dynasty

I think the OP's point is that they are no longer a "dynasty", not that they aren't a good team.

I feel there are only 4 real dynasties in pro sports. Celtics (17) Yankees (27), Lakers (16), and Canadiens (24).

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    I think the OP's point is that they are no longer a "dynasty", not that they aren't a good team.
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by bansaw View Post
    that Bills team was a dynasty
    There will never be another NFL team to play in four straight super bowls.