+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 Draft Prospect Profile: Alec Ogeltree, LB, Georgia Scouting Report

2013 Draft Prospect Profile: Alec Ogeltree, LB, Georgia Scouting Report

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl-...ew-york-giants

Excerpt: "For many New York Giants fans, many of their fondest memories revolve around watching a group of dominating linebackers run around the field making plays. For the younger fans, many Giants fan say "there are teams in the league that have good linebacker play? I don't believe it." Today we use our 2013 NFL Draft prospect profile to look at a potential a first-round linebacker prospect, one of my personal favorites in the draft, when we take a look at Alec Ogletree of Georgia.

Excuse me in advance if I drool on my keyboard.

Pros

Unique athlete at the linebacker position. He possess terrific straight line speed. Even though, Ogletree could improve his strength, he plays violently. He's a super productive player, despite missing four games he racked up 111 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, and broke up five passes while intercepting one. Ogletree has nearly unparalleled range and, as a former safety prospect he is good in coverage now, but has the potential to be terrific in coverage. Does a good job of going for the strip while also tackling the ball carrier. He has terrific length with the potential to develop into a good pass rusher as long as he works on using his hands and length more effectively." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I've said it before but if he blows up the combine (like I think he will) and he's available at 19, I see the Giants taking him. Reese loves those big, freakish athletes.

The only way I don't see them taking him if he's available is if one the tackles are still on the board...Fisher or Johnson.

I just wonder if he'll wind up as a weak side LB in the NFL..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I just wonder if he'll wind up as a weak side LB in the NFL..
    Hes the kind of guy you want on the field regardless of where it is

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Hes the kind of guy you want on the field regardless of where it is
    I agree, He's who I want most at #19.. I hope he's at MLB though

Ogletree or Ansah. Those are my picks. Other then that, a stout OL.

5trive for Fiv5

+ Reply to Thread