+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Team Needs & Roster Rankings

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...oster-rankings

Excerpt: "The 2012-2013 NFL season is officially in the books, and the Scouting Combine is less than a month away. Free agency opens on March 12. With coaching staffs settled, impending free agents identified, and salary cap situations beginning to clarify, here is a look at the four most glaring positional needs for every club entering the 2013 offseason.

Teams are ranked in order of roster quality.

6. New York Giants

OL: Left and right tackles Will Beatty and Sean Locklear are free agents. 32-year-old David Diehl's effectiveness has evaporated and he's a surefire cap casualty on a $4.475 million base salary. Center David Baas is entering his age-32 season, right guard Chris Snee is coming off hip surgery, and left guard Kevin Boothe's contract is up. GM Jerry Reese has compiled intriguing young front-five depth in the draft, but there will likely be major changes on an aging Giants line.

CB: Sagging pass rush contributed to the 2012 secondary deficiencies, but cornerback was still a huge weakness. Oft-burned supposed top corner Corey Webster is a release candidate on a $7 million salary. Rookie slot man Jayron Hosley was up and down in his first season. Likely to cut Webster, the G-Men need to find at least one starting cornerback via free agency or the draft.

LB: Strong-side maven Mathias Kiwanuka is the Giants' only surefire linebacker starter for 2013. Weak-side incumbent Michael Boley is expected to be cut, and pedestrian middle man Chase Blackburn has run his course. In-house options include Mark Herzlich and Jacquian Williams.

TE: Reese is high on 2012 fourth-round pick Adrien Robinson, but he was drafted as a height-weight-speed project and played three snaps as a rookie. The Giants can feel good at tight end if they keep free agent Martellus Bennett and use 2013 as another development year for Robinson. " Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Definitely think we need to worry about OL, and CB positions first, but we all know how Jerry Reese works. I can't see Reese passing on (TE) Ertz from Stanford if he's still available. Will be REAL interesting to see if Te'o is still there for grabs as well.

Reese definitely has a flare for the unconventional
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Funny how they call Kiwi the only "surefire" starter in the LB corp. It's hard to remember any plays where he made an eye popping impact. I think they're going to bring him back down to the line where he belongs.

looks like Jacquian Williams will take over the WLB Job, maybe re-sign Rivers, and the one linebacker I am actually excited to see get more snaps is Paysinger

I didn't realise Baas was that old... why'd he get signed to such a long deal again?

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    looks like Jacquian Williams will take over the WLB Job, maybe re-sign Rivers, and the one linebacker I am actually excited to see get more snaps is Paysinger
    I'd probably prefer a healthy Rivers to Boley

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I didn't realise Baas was that old... why'd he get signed to such a long deal again?
    He's old, but sat the bench most of his career so he's not too beat up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Definitely think we need to worry about OL, and CB positions first, but we all know how Jerry Reese works. I can't see Reese passing on (TE) Ertz from Stanford if he's still available. Will be REAL interesting to see if Te'o is still there for grabs as well.
    I just don't think that NY is the place for Te'o.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped to the 2nd round.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I just don't think that NY is the place for Te'o.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped to the 2nd round.
    I saw in some mock drafts they're predicting him to fall to the bottom of the first round for the Ravens. Can't wait until it all unfolds.