+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

saints playoff question

I hope that new orleans would have the tiebreaker over detroit. if new orleans loses their next 2 games and atlanta wins the divison over them and detroit wins their week 17 game the saints and lions would both be 10-5. does anybody know who would hold that tiebreaker for the 5th and 6th seeds respectivley? please tell me its mathimaticly impossible for the saint to get the 6th seed! haha. (though i guess we would fair much better in the meadowlands than in the dome) I know its not probable that the saints lose to both the falcons and the panthers but its far from impossible.

AND YES I KNOW WE HAVE TO BEAT THE COWBOYS 1ST.

Re: saints playoff question

answered my own question. new orleans has the tiebreaker over detroit so the lowest the saints can go is the #5 seed. ill be rooting for atlanta then since i wanna play the Lions on a cold meadlowland field in january. will see how much you enjoy that mr. stafford.

if the Saints lose out and ATL and DET win out
    the saints would be 5th seed and come here to face the 4th seeded giants
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

It's mathematically impossible for the Saints to get the 6th Seed. The Saints are 11-3 and the Lions are 9-5. Saints have the head-to-head matchup tiebreaker (beating the Lions 31-17 just recently Week13) in case the Saints lose out and the Lions win out. Falcons will have nothing to play for besides swapping wildcard spots with the Lions after the Packers put the Bears to bed tonight. Highly doubtful they will beat the Saints at N.O, who are playing for the No. 2 seed and bye with the 49ers.

All-Pro

Honestly i think we should get into the playoffs first before we the fans start thinking about who we gonna play, i don't want to start thinking about a playoff match up then they go out there and suck it up like Last week Sunday...

[quote user="barran21"]Honestly i think we should get into the playoffs first before we the fans start thinking about who we gonna play, i don't want to start thinking about a playoff match up then they go out there and suck it up like Last week Sunday...
    [/quote]

It's really up to the team if they want to get into the playoffs. They will show up. Will it be enough to beat Dallas? I hope so.

ahhh man you are right they will have the 5th seed and play the giants 1st round in they lose out and detroit wins next week. oh man oh man maybe i would like a rematch with brees. lets see how the greatest show on turf works in our house!

lets beat the cowboys first!

[quote user="gradstang"]lets beat the cowboys first![/quote]

Let's totally disregard the last sentence written in all caps at the end of the original post...?

[quote user="NFCEastBeast"]ahhh man you are right they will have the 5th seed and play the giants 1st round in they lose out and detroit wins next week. oh man oh man maybe i would like a rematch with brees. lets see how the greatest show on turf works in our house![/quote]

Speaking of rematches, the Giant's road to the Superbowl will be full of them this year.

No.4 seed will eventually have to go through the No. 1 Packers (assuming they secure it), then probably play either the 49ers or the Saints for the NFC championship game (assuming the wildcard teams are weak which they are).