+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boothe needs to be resigned and moved to center

Boothe needs to be resigned and moved to center

I still think Boothe to center gives us a better run blocking line. Baas is good in the passing game, but IMO struggles in run game.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterIsComing View Post
    I still think Boothe to center gives us a better run blocking line. Baas is good in the passing game, but IMO struggles in run game.
    Last offseason I and others said that Boothe should have taken a million snaps during the offseason and be moved to center last season and then Baas could go back to his natural Guard spot which he did much better at when with the 49ers. The coaching staff obviously doesn't see it that way.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

I would love if the Giants draft Wis. C/G Travis Frederick and plug him this year at LG then move him to Center next year. I don't think the Giants are going to be able to resign both Beatty and Boothe. That been said if they are able to ink both am good with that.

PFF ranked the Giants' line 4th in run blocking, if that helps.

Okay.....So who replaces him at LG?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Idc my eyes tell me differently. One game they would play well and then suck the next two. The group is far too inconsistent as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Agree but at this moment Boothe and Beatty are FA. Deihl is playing with little on the tank and Snee is going under the knife and lastly they are a year older. Its time to get younger assume the risks and go foward. That been said I will be glad if Boothe gets signed but my realistic side tells my that Beatty will and Boothe will walk.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Boothe's butt is too big. It gets in the way of shotgun snaps. Haha. Kinda kidding there. He had some trouble with shotgun though. I'd still give it a go. A whole preseason would help. I guess the staff had reasons for not trying that before.

Boothe is the second highest rated OLineman behind Beatty. I'd be reluctant to separate them at this point if we can sign either or both. Baas is a better center than Boothe who tends to let the snap get away from him (and Eli) in the shotgun. The Oline needs rotation depth and immediate help on the right side at tackle.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I'd like to keep Boothe as well but the Giants won't pay through the nose for him.

+ Reply to Thread