+ Reply to Thread

Super Bowl XLVII Reminds Giants' Chris Canty Of Opportunity Lost

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...nds_giant.html

Excerpt: "One year after Chris Canty won a championship with the Giants, he watched Super Bowl XLVII between the 49ers and Ravens and found himself regretting the opportunity lost in 2012.

"I looked at that game in Sunday, and I was just thinking to myself, 'Man, both of those teams I felt like we could play competitive football against and have a chance to win,' " Canty said tonight, before being honored with a Thurman Munson Award for both his play on the field and charitable work.

"We beat one pretty good."

Canty referred to the Giants' 26-3 win against the 49ers in October. On the other hand, though, the Ravens' 33-14 win against the Giants in December was a key part of them getting hot late in the season, en route to a championship.

"We beat ourselves pretty good," Canty said of that Ravens loss. "I'm not going to make any excuses about it, but that football team those next to last two games, that wasn't us. Hats off to them, though. That (Joe) Flacco, if there were any questions, they were answered in the postseason. It's kind of like what Easy (Eli Manning) did last year. He said he was elite, he went out there and performed and he was elite. Flacco did the same thing."

The Giants finished the 2012 season 9-7 and missed the playoffs. Canty hopes that can motivate the Giants this offseason, and help them reclaim that team that won a championship." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

whatever canty i hope he gets cut also
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 6 games

16 rushes for 185 yards 2 td
    21 pancake blocks
    25 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    5-0-1 record