+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Beatty

Will Beatty

I've seen multiple threads regarding Cruz and his contract situation. Many folks throughout those threads express their desire to keep Will Beatty around, some even saying he's more important to the team than Cruz.

A stud LT is very valuable to a team, but I'm wondering why is there so much love for Beatty? I didn't pay much attention to him individually, but as a whole, the OL has been subpar for 2+years now. We get no push in the run game, and Eli is under consistent pressure. I'm not bashing Beatty at all. I'm just curious to why there's so much love for him. Was he really that good?

All-Pro
    Beatty played great this year. He graded out as the 4th best LT.

Veteran
    he's not that good but where are you gonna find a good LT right now if he's not signed.

Beatty is one of our most important signings, just because its not a glamour position doesn't mean its not a necessity. LT is one of the most important positions on the field
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Valid point, he is especially average at run blocking. He is one of the more athletic OTs. I think he is good enough to get the job done. We should look at other spots along the line to improve the run blocking like RG and RT, especially if we don't resign Boothe.

If we drafted Lane Johnson for the RT and Beatty for the LT then we have the makings of a great young OL. Id be thrilled to have 2 young, athletic, bookend Tackles for the next few years to come
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    he's not that good but where are you gonna find a good LT right now if he's not signed.
    This is where I'm kind of going with my thread. Is he really that good, or does he just stand out on a below average line?

Kase-1 mentioned LT is very important, and I agree. OL/DL are the most important units on a team besides QB so, again, this isn't a thread to knock Beatty. I'm just curious to know if he's as good as, what seems to be the majority of folks on this board, thinks he is.

All-Pro
    Lol. Can someone explain how he is not that good?

Quote Originally Posted by Piddy283 View Post
    This is where I'm kind of going with my thread. Is he really that good, or does he just stand out on a below average line?

Kase-1 mentioned LT is very important, and I agree. OL/DL are the most important units on a team besides QB so, again, this isn't a thread to knock Beatty. I'm just curious to know if he's as good as, what seems to be the majority of folks on this board, thinks he is.
    He was graded as the 4th best LT in the NFL by PFF. I'd have to say that even if their data is off a little it still means he's a top 10 LT in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Piddy283 View Post

From profootballfocus.com

11. New York Giants (31)

PB – 20th, RB – 4th, PEN – 12th

Stud: Though he gets next to no praise, Will Beatty (+22.4) had a year that warranted Pro Bowl consideration. The penalties aren’t ideal, but there are not many left tackles who can keep their quarterback upright and generate movement in the run game. Beatty also ranked as the 11th best OT in the NFL last season

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-tackles/

+ Reply to Thread