+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Beatty

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    From profootballfocus.com

11. New York Giants (31)

PB – 20th, RB – 4th, PEN – 12th

Stud: Though he gets next to no praise, Will Beatty (+22.4) had a year that warranted Pro Bowl consideration. The penalties aren’t ideal, but there are not many left tackles who can keep their quarterback upright and generate movement in the run game. Beatty also ranked as the 11th best OT in the NFL last season

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-tackles/
    So this actually shows he's better at run block than pass block? Interesting. What's PEN mean?

Buddy333 who said he isn't that good?

Quote Originally Posted by Piddy283 View Post
    So this actually shows he's better at run block than pass block? Interesting. What's PEN mean?

Buddy333 who said he isn't that good?
    Sorry I should have specified, the stats listed are for the team as a whole, not Beatty. If you click on the link that has his stats when compared to everyone else.

11th Best Overall OT William Beatty NYG 189Snaps., 8Pressures Allowed, 96.8 Pass Blocking Efficency
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Piddy PEN means penalties. And I think he is a solid tackle. I'd definitely like him to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    Piddy PEN means penalties. And I think he is a solid tackle. I'd definitely like him to stay.
    I hope he stays! I definitely don't dislike the kid. Especially considering his age.

Appreciate the info.....had no clue what PEN meant, but now that I do it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    he's not that good but where are you gonna find a good LT right now if he's not signed.
    Help me out, he graded out as the 4th best OT in the NFL. How bad can he be?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Beatty got plenty of push in the run game from the LT position. Almost everything he needed to improve upon, he did.

My favorite part of Beatty's penalties though is that he leaves little doubt. It's either a full chokehold clothesline or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Piddy283 View Post
    I've seen multiple threads regarding Cruz and his contract situation. Many folks throughout those threads express their desire to keep Will Beatty around, some even saying he's more important to the team than Cruz.

A stud LT is very valuable to a team, but I'm wondering why is there so much love for Beatty? I didn't pay much attention to him individually, but as a whole, the OL has been subpar for 2+years now. We get no push in the run game, and Eli is under consistent pressure. I'm not bashing Beatty at all. I'm just curious to why there's so much love for him. Was he really that good?
    You're reading too much message board material.

You're talking about the same oline that produced a Super Bowl win, second least sacked QB in the league and top 10 in scoring.

Beatty has transitioned into a solid starting LT. That alone makes him gold.

I think Beatty is more important to sign for the team than Cruz to be honest. If we had a power OL and Eli, he could make it work with anybody at WR, not to mention our running game would be that much better with Wilson in the backfield no longer having to pull blocking assignments all the time (because said improved OL doesn't need chips by the RB).

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I think Beatty is more important to sign for the team than Cruz to be honest. If we had a power OL and Eli, he could make it work with anybody at WR, not to mention our running game would be that much better with Wilson in the backfield no longer having to pull blocking assignments all the time (because said improved OL doesn't need chips by the RB).
    Sinorice Moss, Ramses Barden?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Sinorice Moss, Ramses Barden?
    Moss might be pushing it, but we all saw in carolina what Eli could do with Barden given enough time in the pocket and another receiver to draw coverage away...

All i'm saying is if Eli gets 2-3 more seconds in the pocket, he could roll with Randle, Jernigan, and Barden as his starting WR and still kick ***...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

+ Reply to Thread