+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will Beatty

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    If we drafted Lane Johnson for the RT and Beatty for the LT then we have the makings of a great young OL. Id be thrilled to have 2 young, athletic, bookend Tackles for the next few years to come
    That is my hope exactly. Beatty and Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I think Beatty is more important to sign for the team than Cruz to be honest. If we had a power OL and Eli, he could make it work with anybody at WR, not to mention our running game would be that much better with Wilson in the backfield no longer having to pull blocking assignments all the time (because said improved OL doesn't need chips by the RB).
    I'm not entirely sure I agree (i'm still thinking about it), but I'd be lying if the thought didn't cross my mind.

beatty should be the teams top priorty. no need to have great wr if we dont have a good tackle protecting eli's blind side
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

Considering other options at LT like Ryan Clady turned down 5 years 50 million it would be wise to not let Beatty slip away.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Considering other options at LT like Ryan Clady turned down 5 years 50 million it would be wise to not let Beatty slip away.
    That and we have serious issues at RT to address.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Piddy283 View Post
    So this actually shows he's better at run block than pass block? Interesting. What's PEN mean?Buddy333 who said he isn't that good?
    You asked if he was really that good. I asked why he is not that good. Another posted also said he was not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    beatty should be the teams top priorty. no need to have great wr if we dont have a good tackle protecting eli's blind side
    So long as we pay him like a good tackle not like a very good tackle. I can go either way on this one but we can't waste elite money on Beatty because he simply doesn't fit that bill. If another team chooses to overpay him we need to be prepared to walk.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I am happy with the progress Beatty has made. If he can stay healthy he may at this point be the best player on the line. There is a serious need at RT and the line needs to get younger. The Giants need to spend a high pick on the oline in the next couple years.