+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Veteran Sean Montemayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    CaliforNIA
    Posts
    929

    Post FREE AGENTS/ RESTRICTED AND UNRESTRICTED

    Excerpt: From http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ree-agent-list
    "Here is the unofficial Giants' unrestricted/restricted/exclusive rights free agent list:

    UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
    T Will Beatty -- Hard to find starting left tackles. Might be most important Giants free agent.
    DE Osi Umenyiora -- Won't rule out return but sounds ready to move on.
    G Kevin Boothe -- Versatile and solid. Giants should bring him back.
    TE Martellus Bennett -- Should only get better but will another team offer more money?
    S Kenny Phillips -- Would like to see him back but for right price.
    LB Chase Blackburn -- Solid vet is an asset but is NYG ready to go with Mark Herzlich?
    LB Keith Rivers -- When healthy, showed glimpses of speed and athleticism.
    K Lawrence Tynes -- Best NFL kicker until shaky finish. Should still be re-signed.
    DT Rocky Bernard -- Cheap and reliable but Marvin Austin needs snaps.
    WR Domenik Hixon -- Solid veteran provides depth and a punt returner.
    WR Ramses Barden -- Shined in start vs. CAR but didn't get many other opportunities.
    QB David Carr -- Knows system and works well with Eli.
    TE Travis Beckum -- Injuries hampered Giants career.
    T Sean Locklear -- Great until suffering ugly knee injury.
    CB Justin Tryon -- Invite to camp?
    RB Kregg Lumpkin -- Saw some third-down duties.
    DT Shaun Rogers -- Blood clot kept him out of '12.
    CB Brian Witherspoon -- Has to come back from another ACL tear.

    RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
    WR Victor Cruz -- Time to pay the salsa.
    S Stevie Brown -- The surprise of 2012 could be starting safety next season.
    RB Andre Brown -- On the mend after broken leg derailed best season.
    TE Bear Pascoe -- Versatile and needed for blocking.
    RB Ryan Torain -- Didn't play much.

    EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENTS
    DE Adrian Tracy -- 'Yosi' (Young Osi) might see bigger role.
    C Jim Cordle -- Good for depth/special teams.
    DE Justin Trattou -- Giants like his potential."

    End of excerpt. Again, from http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ree-agent-list
    Last edited by Sean Montemayor; 02-07-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    With Harris and Taylor IR's and it looking like we will keep only 2 QB's, we have some roster spots to work with.

  2. #2
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,241
    Egad that's a big paragraph!

  3. #3
    Here let me help:

    G Kevin Boothe -- Versatile and solid. Giants should bring him back.
    TE Martellus Bennett -- Should only get better but will another team offer more money?
    S Kenny Phillips -- Would like to see him back but for right price.
    LB Chase Blackburn -- Solid vet is an asset but is NYG ready to go with Mark Herzlich?
    LB Keith Rivers -- When healthy, showed glimpses of speed and athleticism.
    K Lawrence Tynes -- Best NFL kicker until shaky finish. Should still be re-signed.
    DT Rocky Bernard -- Cheap and reliable but Marvin Austin needs snaps.
    WR Domenik Hixon -- Solid veteran provides depth and a punt returner.
    WR Ramses Barden -- Shined in start vs. CAR but didn't get many other opportunities.
    QB David Carr -- Knows system and works well with Eli.
    TE Travis Beckum -- Injuries hampered Giants career.
    T Sean Locklear -- Great until suffering ugly knee injury.
    CB Justin Tryon -- Invite to camp?
    RB Kregg Lumpkin -- Saw some third-down duties.
    DT Shaun Rogers -- Blood clot kept him out of '12.
    CB Brian Witherspoon -- Has to come back from another ACL tear.

    RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

    WR Victor Cruz -- Time to pay the salsa.
    S Stevie Brown -- The surprise of 2012 could be starting safety next season.
    RB Andre Brown -- On the mend after broken leg derailed best season.
    TE Bear Pascoe -- Versatile and needed for blocking.
    RB Ryan Torain -- Didn't play much.

    EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENTS

    DE Adrian Tracy -- 'Yosi' (Young Osi) might see bigger role.
    C Jim Cordle -- Good for depth/special teams.
    DE Justin Trattou -- Giants like his potential.

    Out of these woulkd love to keep: Boothe, Beatty, Bennett, Philips, Blacnburn, Hixon, Carr, Cruz, Stevie, Andre, we re-signed Bear so....and Tracey.
    Last edited by shane4177; 02-07-2013 at 11:22 AM.

  4. #4
    The ones I want to resign, in order of importance:

    Beatty
    Cruz
    Bennett
    Andre
    Stevie
    Hixon
    Locklear (if healed)
    Tryon (for ST)


    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    HE DRAFTED ELI MANNING?

    WHY?

    okay, were doomed! season over folks. it was nice knowing the giants while it lasted!

    see you in 2016

  5. #5
    Veteran Sean Montemayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    CaliforNIA
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    Here let me help:G Kevin Boothe -- Versatile and solid. Giants should bring him back. TE Martellus Bennett -- Should only get better but will another team offer more money? S Kenny Phillips -- Would like to see him back but for right price. LB Chase Blackburn -- Solid vet is an asset but is NYG ready to go with Mark Herzlich? LB Keith Rivers -- When healthy, showed glimpses of speed and athleticism. K Lawrence Tynes -- Best NFL kicker until shaky finish. Should still be re-signed. DT Rocky Bernard -- Cheap and reliable but Marvin Austin needs snaps. WR Domenik Hixon -- Solid veteran provides depth and a punt returner. WR Ramses Barden -- Shined in start vs. CAR but didn't get many other opportunities. QB David Carr -- Knows system and works well with Eli. TE Travis Beckum -- Injuries hampered Giants career. T Sean Locklear -- Great until suffering ugly knee injury. CB Justin Tryon -- Invite to camp? RB Kregg Lumpkin -- Saw some third-down duties. DT Shaun Rogers -- Blood clot kept him out of '12. CB Brian Witherspoon -- Has to come back from another ACL tear. RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS WR Victor Cruz -- Time to pay the salsa. S Stevie Brown -- The surprise of 2012 could be starting safety next season. RB Andre Brown -- On the mend after broken leg derailed best season. TE Bear Pascoe -- Versatile and needed for blocking. RB Ryan Torain -- Didn't play much. EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENTS DE Adrian Tracy -- 'Yosi' (Young Osi) might see bigger role. C Jim Cordle -- Good for depth/special teams. DE Justin Trattou -- Giants like his potential.Out of these woulkd love to keep: Boothe, Beatty, Bennett, Philips, Blacnburn, Hixon, Carr, Cruz, Stevie, Andre, we re-signed Bear so....and Tracey.
    Thanks. +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    With Harris and Taylor IR's and it looking like we will keep only 2 QB's, we have some roster spots to work with.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The ones I want to resign, in order of importance:

    Beatty
    Cruz
    Bennett
    Andre
    Stevie
    Hixon
    Locklear (if healed)
    Tryon (for ST)
    +1
    In that exact same order too.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts