+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are you a GIANTS fan?

3rd Generation Fan & 3rd Generation Season Ticket Holder.

Much like your experience Sean, except 17 years earlier. To sum it up in one word, CHARACTER.

I got serious and locked in to this team by the 1990 Monday Night Football matchup against the 2x defending champion 49ers. Both teams were 11-1, best teams in the league. The Giants lost that hard fought game but they showed such fight, such spirit, such character, I was hooked, and they won the SB that year (on their backup QB and RB, no less) and beat those same 49ers in the NFC Championship Game. Very similar to the feeling of the week 17 regular season matchup against the Patriots that the Giants lost 38-35 and then would beat them in the Super Bowl.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 02-06-2013 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Much like your experience Sean, except 17 years earlier. To sum it up in one word, CHARACTER.

I got serious and locked in to this team by the 1990 Monday Night Football matchup against the 2x defending champion 49ers. Both teams were 11-1, best teams in the league. The Giants lost that hard fought game but they showed such fight, such spirit, such character, I was hooked, and they won the SB that year (on their backup QB and RB, no less) and beat those same 49ers in the NFC Championship Game. Very similar to the feeling of the week 17 regular season matchup against the Patriots that the Giants lost 38-35 and then would beat them in the Super Bowl.
    Ha!!
    That was the famous "Phil Simms in Ronnie Lott's face" game.
    Things like that moment are why Phil is my favorite all time player.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    Funny thing with me is no one in my family liked American Football, it was all about Soccer (Futbol). I guess I was destined to be a Giants fan, Watched the sport on TV one day and guess who was playing? The Giants lol

Of course I lived in NY at the time so i was able to watch all their games from that day on and was a huge fan since, this was at the age of 8.

My dad's early influence it the single biggest reason I am a Giants fan.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Starter
    Because I was born to be a Giants fan. Same as my Dad and my grandfather. Now passed on to my daughter. Its a family curse I figure.

Bench Player
    Born and raised in Canton Ohio (Home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame)..its where I live,been here all my 45 yrs..Here in Canton, its both a Cleveland Browns or Pittsburgh Steelers fanbase, and I proudy fly my Giants flag from the roof of my home...Ive been a GIants fan since I was about 8yrs old thanks to my first Pee Wee football team that I played for was the Giants, and since that day, Ive never looked back, and dont ever plan to.. Im a Big Blue lifer !!!! see you guys in Canton when Coach Parcells goes into the Hall this summer in August..

family tradition!

I am a fan since 85 because of my older brothers and sisters.
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"

Lawrence Taylor

+ Reply to Thread