+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why are you a GIANTS fan?

....the implication

Watch my first Superbowl/football game with my father and the Giants was one of the teams playing.

My grandfather had season tickets since the polo grounds, my father & uncles were die hards and went to my first giant game before I could walk.....It was meant to be..

I was born in one of the five Burros so that is my homeland in NY State.

I grew up a die hard Mets fan so that's how the New York loyalty started. I never understood football until I was about 19 (when I actually watched and learned the rules). My ex's dad was a DIE HARD, throw stuff at the television type Giants fan. I would watch games with him and I've been a huge fan ever since. That was about...8 years ago.

started watching football around 86, and i was hooked by the style of defensive hard hitting football that the giants were playing back then. LT was a big reason that i started watching nyg. that was the year he won the unanimous mvp, bravaro played with a broken jaw, and some of the teams and players they were thumping was epic, even while it was happening, much less now 25 years later. john elway, jerry rice, montana, jaws, ect...

just got on the bandwagon from 86, and never getting off. funny thing is my real name is phil manning, only thing that could make me more destined to be a giants fan is if my middle name were jeff or hoss. lol.

Gonna miss the big guy. rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Came up from Louisville KY and spent the Summer with family in Wayne NJ. Lost my virginity to their 16 year old neighbor (gotta love those Jersey girls!!!)...who was a big Giants fan.

Also went to Southern High School in Louisville. Anyone know why that's significant?
    My eyes are tearing up....

Always have been always will be. Can't remember becoming a fan. It seems like I was a fan since the third or fourth grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    My eyes are tearing up....
    What can I say.....I'm a hopeless romantic.......or is it just hopeless?

BTW....Southern High School in Louisville is where Phil Simms went.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

...born and raised in Manhattan and the 80s ride pretty much cemented me a diehard Big Blue Wreckin' Krew fan for life.

Anyway how could I root for any other team anyway, just the thought of it makes me want to puke.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread