+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Like others, my father (born and raised in Queens) is a Giants fan and so it came to me as my birthright =)

I started officially rooting after the Bills/Giants SuperBowl. The whole area (upstate New York) was all abuzz since the Bills were in the SB and I got swept up in it and rooted for the Giants cuz of my dad. I was a little kid and it was just so much fun, I immediately subscribed to "Giants Weekly" and have been following the Giants ever since!

Back in the seventies when i took my first shave and cut myself. I was expecting so see red blood flowing but low and behold it came out blue.

When I was a kid and watched the games I wouldn't realy pay attention to anything but Lawrence Taylor lol

Began listening to the Giants games right after World War II when my dad came back from the Navy! I said listen because we didn't get a TV till 1947 then my dad showed me what it was to bleed blue! He took me to my first game, at Yankee Stadium, 12/30/56 to see the Giants crush the Bears 47-7 for the World Championship of football! My family still has season tickets and, although I now live in Florida, I get up to at least one game per year to cheer for my beloved G-Men.

I saw them playing and like the red stripe on thier helmets, I was only maybe 6 or 7 years old
    The Gigalo with the most below

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Much like your experience Sean, except 17 years earlier. To sum it up in one word, CHARACTER.I got serious and locked in to this team by the 1990 Monday Night Football matchup against the 2x defending champion 49ers. Both teams were 11-1, best teams in the league. The Giants lost that hard fought game but they showed such fight, such spirit, such character, I was hooked, and they won the SB that year (on their backup QB and RB, no less) and beat those same 49ers in the NFC Championship Game. Very similar to the feeling of the week 17 regular season matchup against the Patriots that the Giants lost 38-35 and then would beat them in the Super Bowl.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    JR is the GIANTS GM as TC is the coach and Eli is the QB. Support them.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post
    Funny thing with me is no one in my family liked American Football, it was all about Soccer (Futbol). I guess I was destined to be a Giants fan, Watched the sport on TV one day and guess who was playing? The Giants lol Of course I lived in NY at the time so i was able to watch all their games from that day on and was a huge fan since, this was at the age of 8.
    I once had a ton of 49er fans ( family members) get mad at me for putting on the Giants game instead of the 49er game. Much like in New York, here in California you only get to see 49er, Raider, or Cowgirl games unfortunately. They get to see all 16 games at minimum plus preseason and playoffs. I get to see maybe 8 regular season and of course playoffs. It's time for me to get NFL mobile next year. Lol. By the way it was when we dominated New Orleans this year. Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Giant View Post
    Because I was born to be a Giants fan. Same as my Dad and my grandfather. Now passed on to my daughter. Its a family curse I figure.
    Blessing, not "curse."

Came up from Louisville KY and spent the Summer with family in Wayne NJ. Lost my virginity to their 16 year old neighbor (gotta love those Jersey girls!!!)...who was a big Giants fan.

Also went to Southern High School in Louisville. Anyone know why that's significant?

I was brought to a Jints game in the Polo Grounds by my Pops and some of his friends. I'll never forget how those guys yelled and carried on that day. From that day on I was hooked. I had to hang around and find out what all the hub bub was about... Another Giants fan is born!!!