+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If Eli Had All Day...

If Eli Had All Day...

if eli had all day to throw, would it matter who was catching the ball? brady and peyton are virtually the only two quarterbacks that were able to turn average receivers into household names. i think eli has what it takes, especially now being the perfect time in his career. i say lets make a run for the best OL possible (which would also improve the run game) and deal with a so-so defense that couldnt possibly be any worse than last year.

I thought this was an if eli had Adrian Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by IamGiantsfan View Post
    I thought this was an if eli had Adrian Peterson
    This. I was disappointed to find yet another o-line thread.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    This. I was disappointed to find yet another o-line thread.
    I was looking at this as an "Eli can make any receiver look good" thread. I think he has. Seemed like when we put in guys that had to "step up", they did. I honestly think it was Eli helping them and making them look good. One reason I won't take the bridge if Cruz won't come back.

you hit the nail on the head giantroc... only fitting that you're a fellow rochesterian like myself

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    I was looking at this as an "Eli can make any receiver look good" thread. I think he has. Seemed like when we put in guys that had to "step up", they did. I honestly think it was Eli helping them and making them look good. One reason I won't take the bridge if Cruz won't come back.
    Exactly... I personally rate Beatty as a more important re-sign than Cruz, and yet everyone either laughs or rages at me...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Exactly... I personally rate Beatty as a more important re-sign than Cruz, and yet everyone either laughs or rages at me...
    I agree with you.

IMO, any NFL QB can look real good if they had all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Cruz is a good receiver but it makes sense to put a higher priority on our O line than WR. Eli can't help the O line block, but if he makes scrubs like Hagen and Barden look like stars when they play, i'm sure Cruz can be replaced a lot easily.

Peyton actually played with a worse Oline in the twilight years of his career in Indianapolis because the front office there believed that he could overcome the need for high round OL selections. They instead focused on giving him multiple weapons or giving help to the defense which seems to be the same thing Reese is doing here for the most part. Plenty of teams win championships with average offensive lines and as long as you have a solid LT (like Beatty who needs to be resigned ASAP), you can get away with average guys at the other positions. Maybe we just need to switch people around to different spots on the Oline like the Ravens did this season. People will tell you how awesome they are but it wasn't great until Jim Caldwell switched things up with their tackles and LG spot.

+ Reply to Thread