+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: I Say We Trade Down In The Draft

  1. #1

    I Say We Trade Down In The Draft

    Jeez, we have sooooo many needs, between o-line, the whole defense across the board, and limited cap space, possible FA defections this year and next, etc.. With that in mind, I'd like to see them trade down in the first round, possibly more than once, and try to stockpile picks in rounds 2-5. Many times, those players have very little dropoff of talent, and later round players come cheaper. Plus, with more picks, you have more chances to make up for a whiff, or take a chance on a great athlete from a small school, etc.

    Anybody agree?

  2. #2
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,471
    I wouldn't mind at all...19 is actually prime position to do it because the teams usually reach early on for QB's etc... and people want to trade up. Also it's middle of pack and the Giants could have two or three guys still available on their projected big board who they feel they can still get by trading back.

  3. #3
    cause the giants always do that.........

  4. #4
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    What are you willing to do then, OP? Give us some of your suggestions on what we trade down with?

  5. #5
    if you look at the giants recent history, they don't trade their picks up or down much at all. they seem to be content in letting the draft play out.

    besides, there's soooo much time left between now and the draft where we learn the most about the players, quality of this year's draft, free agency hasn't even started yet, etc. and the giants have also shown to be good at finding UDFA's to make the team like hynoski, will hill, cruz, etc. giants have excellent scouting bro.

    you're way too early with this

  6. #6
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan27 View Post
    if you look at the giants recent history, they don't trade their picks up or down much at all. they seem to be content in letting the draft play out.

    besides, there's soooo much time left between now and the draft where we learn the most about the players, quality of this year's draft, free agency hasn't even started yet, etc. and the giants have also shown to be good at finding UDFA's to make the team like hynoski, will hill, cruz, etc. giants have excellent scouting bro.

    you're way too early with this
    Depends on who's left when our pick comes.
    I have a feeling if Lane Johnson is there we will take him at 19.
    Get well soon 80.

  7. #7
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,471
    @Giantsfan27: I heard the Giants were actually trying to trade down last year which is why they used the entire clock before selecting Wilson.

  8. #8
    Veteran ryan12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    RUDYY IS THE MIKE!!!!!
    Posts
    4,778
    we need either a stud lb ot or cb so i say keep the pick at 19 unless some team makes us a really good offer
    FUTURE NFL STAR



    2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    @Giantsfan27: I heard the Giants were actually trying to trade down last year which is why they used the entire clock before selecting Wilson.
    This is correct and was confirmed by Reese last year in his Post Draft presser. He alluded to listening to deals that gave us the "mother load". If the Giants use most of the clock again this year, it's safe to speculate that the same thing is happening once more.

  10. #10
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    This is correct and was confirmed by Reese last year in his Post Draft presser. He alluded to listening to deals that gave us the "mother load". If the Giants use most of the clock again this year, it's safe to speculate that the same thing is happening once more.
    I don't know....most teams use the entire time to see if anyone wants to make an offer.
    Get well soon 80.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts