+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Say We Trade Down In The Draft

What would we get for our 1st? Would it be worth it?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'd love to trade down and accumulate picks but what people don't understand is its not just up to the giants.. Obviously they have to find a team that is willing to move up and give us what we thinks fair.. Its not as easy as "we should move down"..lolSomething i was thinking about , and hoping maybe reese would talk to MIA about is trading our 1st to Miami for there 2nd's and maybe a 5th...The dolphins could then secure someone at 12(maybe Fisher?) and then grab a WR at 19 like Keenan Allen? We would then have 3 2nd rders, a 3rd, and i bet we get a comp pick or 2 with OSI and KP most likely leaving as well.. We'd have tons of picks in a draft that has most underclassmen ever...
    We wouldnt get comp picks for osi and kp until next year. Additionally, we are cutting osi I believe so we don't get a comp pick for him period

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'd love to trade down and accumulate picks but what people don't understand is its not just up to the giants.. Obviously they have to find a team that is willing to move up and give us what we thinks fair.. Its not as easy as "we should move down"..lol

Something i was thinking about , and hoping maybe reese would talk to MIA about is trading our 1st to Miami for there 2nd's and maybe a 5th...

The dolphins could then secure someone at 12(maybe Fisher?) and then grab a WR at 19 like Keenan Allen? We would then have 3 2nd rders, a 3rd, and i bet we get a comp pick or 2 with OSI and KP most likely leaving as well.. We'd have tons of picks in a draft that has most underclassmen ever...
    Somewhat my plan, as i suggested with stock piling 2nd rounders by trading our first round pick. But if Ansah or a stud DT is there, we jump with on it. I think there is plenty of talent in the 2nd rd but it depends who drops to us

We see this logic every year, the problem is that you need to have someone with a huge need to be willing to trade. Could happen but I think they stay with the hand they are felt....

Bench Player
    Trading down doesn't make sense for the Giants at all!!!!!!! How does that do the Giants a better service by giving up the 19th overall spot and a possible great pick for who knows what later on. The Giants have always been a team that went for best available or drafted by need. This year i thinks it pretty obvious the Giants biggest need is personel to help them Stop the run. Worst Run D in the league last year it has to be addressed and addressed first round. Our CB overall werent that bad Webster was horrid but other than that they were not as bad as so many think. They could not stop the run and that killed them last year. alfred Morris,Ray Rice,Micheal Turner every game they lost they gave up huge amounts of run yardage!!!!! If you can't stop the run you can forget about stopping the pass. Run defense needs to be addressed with urgency if not they won't be making the playoffs again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawdog550 View Post
    Trading down doesn't make sense for the Giants at all!!!!!!! How does that do the Giants a better service by giving up the 19th overall spot and a possible great pick for who knows what later on. The Giants have always been a team that went for best available or drafted by need. This year i thinks it pretty obvious the Giants biggest need is personel to help them Stop the run. Worst Run D in the league last year it has to be addressed and addressed first round. Our CB overall werent that bad Webster was horrid but other than that they were not as bad as so many think. They could not stop the run and that killed them last year. alfred Morris,Ray Rice,Micheal Turner every game they lost they gave up huge amounts of run yardage!!!!! If you can't stop the run you can forget about stopping the pass. Run defense needs to be addressed with urgency if not they won't be making the playoffs again next year.
    Well after some of the top players, many guys are closely talented....And if theres nobody that is a MUST draft, then trading back is always smart...Just have to have someone else willing to trade....Instead of overdrafting a guy at 19 or picking up a "BPA" that isnt a need, id rather trade back & get who we want/need and get a extra pick.....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    We wouldnt get comp picks for osi and kp until next year. Additionally, we are cutting osi I believe so we don't get a comp pick for him period
    No, his contract is voided so he becomes a free agent.

Maybe we do get comp picks for Tollefson, Manninham, Ross and Jacobs though

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Well after some of the top players, many guys are closely talented....And if theres nobody that is a MUST draft, then trading back is always smart...Just have to have someone else willing to trade....Instead of overdrafting a guy at 19 or picking up a "BPA" that isnt a need, id rather trade back & get who we want/need and get a extra pick.....

Well at 19 I am pretty surethe Giants can find a player that they feel is worth the 19th overall pick that they could use right away!!!! There are a few DT/NT that could easily go in that spot that the Giants could use desperatley. Giants have never traded down befor I don't see any reason to start now. Take what you can get at the position you are in rather than giving up your spot for an extra guy in the 3rd or 4th round. I don't like the idea of drafting down unless you have a team that is set and you just wanna pick up some extra depth. The Giants arent in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    No, his contract is voided so he becomes a free agent.

Maybe we do get comp picks for Tollefson, Manninham, Ross and Jacobs though
    Jacobs doesnt count he was cut. We lost 3 and signed 2 Bennett and Locklear. So we get 1 pick. Maybe a 5th probably a 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Jacobs doesnt count he was cut. We lost 3 and signed 2 Bennett and Locklear. So we get 1 pick. Maybe a 5th probably a 6th
    I never did realize we wait untill following yr for Comp picks.. Either way, any comp pick is nice, the way Reese has gotten helpful parts late in draft before.. A 5th would be ideal.. They come in handy if u wanna move around mid rds, knowing u got that comp pick, if u lose a late rd pick trading up..

+ Reply to Thread