+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hypothetical RB Situation

Hypothetical, and no need for sources, just a curious question. So please don't lock this, mods.

Let's say we lost Bradshaw. We were stuck with David Wilson and Andre Brown for the year.

Would you be okay with this? What happens if David Wilson goes down? Do you trust Andre Brown to be the starting RB for this team?

Discuss. Really curious to see what you think about Brown's abilities specifically and if he's a starting caliber RB, or just a complementary 2nd back... so shoot away.

I don't think Bradshaw is going anywhere barring injury. His contract is such that it would cost more in cap space to cut him than to keep him. If Bradshaw were somehow injured such that he'd be out for the season, I think Brandon Jacobs would be getting a Blackburn call. After his experience in SF, he'd bite on a vet min contract just so he could pass block for us...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I don't think Bradshaw is going anywhere barring injury. His contract is such that it would cost more in cap space to cut him than to keep him. If Bradshaw were somehow injured such that he'd be out for the season, I think Brandon Jacobs would be getting a Blackburn call. After his experience in SF, he'd bite on a vet min contract just so he could pass block for us...
    agreed on brandon jacobs i think we will get him for dirt cheap. and brown is a free agent. i want bradshaw to stay backing up wilson only if brad restructures deal if not cut him.
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 5 games

15 rushes for 175 yards 2 td
    17 pancake blocks
    20 tackles 2 sack (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    5-0record

Bradshaw is going to get released. We will roll with Wilson/Brown next season.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    agreed on brandon jacobs i think we will get him for dirt cheap. and brown is a free agent. i want bradshaw to stay backing up wilson only if brad restructures deal if not cut him.
    I don't think we'd actually sign jacobs though, barring injury knocking out one of our RBs for the season. Had he not been picked up by the 49ers it would probably have been him that got the call after Brown's injury rather than Pumpkin...

Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    From what I remember though, it would be more of a cap hit to cut him than to roll with him next season... For the time being, I see the same 3 guys in 2013 as there were in 2012, just with the carries more evenly distributed than just all Bradshaw like it was last year...

you might be right
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 5 games

15 rushes for 175 yards 2 td
    17 pancake blocks
    20 tackles 2 sack (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    5-0record

Lumpkin will become our feature back in the event Wilson goes down. Just joking but he was actually good at the draw lol.

Bradshaw is actually a negative hit to the cap if we release him so I expect him to stick around unless something significant happens to him in camp.

From what I remember though, it would be more of a cap hit to cut him than to roll with him next season... For the time being, I see the same 3 guys in 2013 as there were in 2012, just with the carries more evenly distributed than just all Bradshaw like it was last year...
    From what I understand that's not true. I think we would save something like $3MM or more to cut him.
    I love the kid but the cap is what it is. That room under the cap is important to help our team in other areas.
    I think the FO is looking to Wilson to be the guy (with assists from Brown) from here on.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Are you believing we will not roll with a 3rd RB? Because that is scary as hell to go with that duo/tandem.